By Noble
#84674 Since these are just images I figured they'd fit in the art section ;)

A few days ago I decided to give the banner competition a shot and made a Minecraft styled logo for Pixelmon. Earlier today I got a little bored and decided to design a concept for the Pixelmon homepage. All of the design was created by me (excluding background image(s) and original header) over the course of an hour or so today. The yellow text next to the logo could easily be animated with possible parallax scrolling effects if the entire site was put onto one page (like Tekkit's homepage). Background image could also be a slider so it would change images every 10 seconds or so. I could easily code around 90% in HTML/CSS but I believe this site is in Wordpress and I haven't yet mastered getting websites transferred to it, depends on if anyone from the team would want this implemented :D

The webdesign with different backgrounds:

and the logo and Pokedex I made:

Let me know what you think!

By kiotis1
#84790 Looks pretty cool... except in the second picture (under "your journey has begun), it talks about this Lorem Ipsum thing xD so.... I think you should fix that or just leave it blank ;3...
(I've seen the Lorem Ipsum thing in keynote... hmm...)
Overall looking good.
By Noble
kiotis1 wrote:Looks pretty cool... except in the second picture (under "your journey has begun), it talks about this Lorem Ipsum thing xD so.... I think you should fix that or just leave it blank ;3...
(I've seen the Lorem Ipsum thing in keynote... hmm...)
Overall looking good.

Lorem Ipsum is dummy text just to get an idea of what the text area would look like, it wouldn't be there when an actual site is made it's just to help get an idea :D
Glad someones likes it though!
By Kalaster1
#85460 Awesome design! Though in the newer version, I'm a bit stuck on what that tan/brown rock thing is on the right side...
Anyways, would you be able to make the "gotta catch 'em all" bob up and down like on the actual minecraft menu?
And I know this is only a design, but would the backgrounds change at certain intervals of time?
And if you can, you should make the website "dynamic" I guess (if that's the correct word). What I mean, is for example when you're on the Home menu and you click the Forum tab, the whole interface in the center slides to the left while the forums replace it, and the background would still stay there. Another idea would be that the website acts like a pokeball, since you already have a somewhat pokeball design on the bottom with its button on the bar: When on the Home menu and you click on any other tab on the bottom, the words on the bottom and top menu bar will disappear, and then the pokeball bar on the bottom and the menu bar on top close in on each other towards the center until they meet, and then it locks like a pokeball (but of course the top bar would have to be re-made like the top half of a pokeball). Then when they lock, the center button could maybe flash red, and then the "pokeball" opens back up again with whatever menu you chose behind it! Both bars go back to their original spots on top and bottom and the tabs re-appear.

- EDIT: I now notice the arrows on the right and left side of the screen that would be used to scroll between tabs.
This is just a suggestion for your design though, so I hope you consider it.
By Aichu
#102554 Why arent you guys using that one? it looks beast as hell.
By Aichu
#103279 I Agree with flamngwing , this is cooler and stuff but there isnt nothing wrong with right now , just this looks amazing!
By Milo
#103545 Wow that looks amazing! The only thing I could think of that would make it better is milotic somewhere on it, maybe wrapped around minecraft? xD Don't forget about the blog section :) or would that be where you hit learn more? Looks amazing though!
JOIN THE TEAM