Forum rules: 
  • This forum is not for hiring developers.
  • Do not post personal contact details (e-mail, phone number, Skype, etc.) publicly. Discuss in forum topics or private messages.
By neogamer12345
#162584 Image

Hello! Glad that you've decided to read my request! I'm starting a new Pixelmon server called Potatomon. I currently have nothing but a cauldron server up and running. Therefore I'm looking for a few builders that want to be a part of the staff when we launch. Now I'm not looking for people to build a huge spawn made of quartz; I'm looking for a mix of visually appealing complexity and yet it retains its' simplicity. I feel too much to look at distracts the player from where they initially need to be guided. As well as being a builder, I need builders who have some idea's of their own. I have a few, but I would LOVE to hear some from my staff. I'm not limited to only listening to my staff either, I'm open for idea's from everyone! Post yours below!

The most important aspect of this server is that all players are treated the same. No buying pixelmon, no buying items, no buying anything that affects gameplay. This includes myself as well as the rest of the staff. If you're looking forward to getting a lvl 100 shiny Mewto because you're an admin, then you need to join another server.

The server will be an open survival server. Meaning you're free to explore the wilderness and build as you please. Whether or not the server will have hunger enabled and PVP enabled will depend on these poll's: http://strawpoll.me/5806512 http://strawpoll.me/5806508. I will say that if PVP is enabled, there WILL be a large protection area around the wilderness where people can train their Pixelmon in peace. This area cannot be claimed or built in however. To be able to mine for resources, you WILL have to go to the unprotected wilderness for that.

You are encouraged however, to start a town or join one. Town events are similar to regular events except if one person from a town wins, all the people in the town wins. Since this type of gameplay wouldn't be fair for smaller towns, you're not going to have shinies or legendaries in these events. Instead it will be item based where the prize if divided euqally among the players. Bigger towns = bigger change of winning, but the rewards are smaller. Smaller towns = smaller chance of winning, but the rewards are bigger.

EX: The prize is 64 Rare Candies. If a town of 10 won, they would each get 7 rare candies (always rounds up) If a town of 5 won,
they would each get 13.

There will be a forum on the website for Mayor's to make a recruitment thread for their town as well as list members of said town. Players will be given prefixes with their town names in them as well as their name on their towns' board at spawn.

Spawn: First impressions make or break a Minecraft server. This is where the simplicity is needed the most. I don't want an extravegant arena, I want a humble spawn. A spawn that's streamlines right into the gameplay.

Gyms: Gym implementation is still in question. I think I want to go for a Gyms are within 1000 blocks of spawn rule and have players find em themselves. Any other idea's would be appreciated.

Event Area's: One idea of mine is to have structures built randomly in the world that correspond with a daily or monthly event. It's not a timed event, therefore the event could happen within any day of the month, but just limited to 1 per month. The event doesn't last forever however and there's no indication that the event has occured.

EX: A shiny Beldum is rarely spotted in a deep ancient cavern. This monthly event could be a parkour dungeon through an ancient civilization stronghold, or simply be a room that people walk into. The Beldum appears on May 31st. Then it appears again on June 2nd. It's third appearance possibly couldn't be until July 27th. Each time the beldum appeared, it was only for one hour. Players would have to check on their own time to find if the Beldum is there.

Application
IGN:
How would you describe your builds?: (At least 3 sentences)
Pictures of your creations:
TimeZone:
What's 9+10?:

Hope to see some awesome builds from you guys!

JOIN THE TEAM