Forum rules: 
  • This forum is not for hiring developers.
  • Do not post personal contact details (e-mail, phone number, Skype, etc.) publicly. Discuss in forum topics or private messages.
By imaapseudonym
#164028 NightShade is looking for you to be our future! We are just getting started and looking for talented leaders, builders, planners and thinkers to help us be the greatest Pixelmon server ever!

Staff
For those interested in staff, I will need to observe your interactions with our community before accepting any applications. Your personality and maturity are important to me. Afterwards, you can apply on our forums to start out as a helper. We currently have most spots open and I would love to have you be the one to fill them!

GymLeaders
I enjoy giving our Gymleaders true freedom. I only ask that they follow some basic structures I have put in place to keep it organized. I try to align our gyms with those in the games so for example, the Boulder Badge Gymleader will need to be rock type (can be rock/water, just as long as it is partially rock) and the levels must range between 10-15. No higher. They also cannot be all maxed out.

Gymleaders can build their own team within those guidelines and can build their own gym. It is recommended to have a town with their gym.

We are starting with the first 8 badges but plan to open up future gens as we get these filled.

TeamBoss:
On nightshade we have informal clubs built around the different teams within the Pokemon universe. Right now, we have limited it to the first 3 teams: Rocket, Magma and Aqua. As a team boss, your job would be to approve new grunts, devise a plan to generate income for your team and to establish your overall objective for your team. While in the games, the teams had ill intent, the teams on NightShade is of course heavily encouraged to use their organizations to strengthen the server and make it a more welcoming place to play.

Our website is http://www.nightshadeserver.com
Our ip: play.nightshadeserver.com

Please get to know our community before applying! Don't apply somewhere you wouldn't enjoy playing!

Thanks for reading,
Imap

By MrAlpha
#164395 Hello! You can call me Alpha. I have always wanted to be a gym leader on a pixelmon server. If I were to be accepted I would like to be fire or ground-type gym leader, but I am flexible and could work with anything I am given. As past experience, once I was a flying-type elite 4 member on the pixelmon server pixelrocket.me, but after about a week of being "on the job," so to speak, the server was shut down and hasn't come up since December of 2014. I have my own private server, so I am good with other people on servers. I would be willing to raise a team from the ground up, or I could use /pokespawn to generate my team. I'm willing to do either one. I will be able to dedicate at least some time to the server every day, unless for some odd reason I don't have free time after school before the bus or my parents specifically tell me I can't when I get home. If it matters, I am 13 years old. I hope you consider my application, and let me know if you need any more information from me!
By imaapseudonym
#164413 Hey Mr. Alpha!

First, thank you for showing interest in our server and in our open Gymleader positions!

We are just starting to build up our server and since I love to have actual player based gym leaders vs the box variety, our gym system has been lagging behind the other areas of our server.

I prefer to base my gyms off of the games as to add an easy order to them. I am intending to get generation 1 badges filled before moving on to the following generations.

So, for the fire or ground gyms, there is the fire gym with levels 40-45 and a ground gym 45-50.

A gym leader cannot max out their pokemons levels (so all Pokemon cannot be lvl 45 if they are the fire gym) and the gyms cannot contain legendary Pokemon (Contenders can bring legends though, same as the games).

It is recommended that gym leaders do ev/iv training with their Pokemon to get a highly competitive team.

The Pokemon are raise ground up and not pokegiven to the gymleader.

Gyms are also built by the leader. We enjoy the personalization that leaders build into their gyms. We also encourage the gym to be a part of a player built town (if possible).

Come join us when you get a chance! We would love to have you.

You can also skype me if you have any questions about gymleaders: skype: jsnbrown1989
By MrAlpha
#164415 Hello! I went on the server earlier to check it out. Looks like a great server! I'm thinking I'll be a fire gym leader, if that's okay. I chose Cyndaquil as my starter - is that okay to be part of my gym team? I'll get to work on the gym as soon as possible and work on my team a lot. I'll probably go to the desert. The spawn rate of the Pixelmon on the server was really low. I couldn't find pretty much any pixelmon. I caught a Dunsparce just for fun, definitely not for the team. I'll work on it when my parents go to bed tonight. I'll get materials and build a cool gym. Should there be obstacles for the trainers to pass?

Thanks,

Alpha
By imaapseudonym
#164420 Ah, good question. I do have a full time job outside of minecraft and am married. Job and wife need to come first. Having said that, I try to get on as much as I can, usually at least 1-2 hours on the server daily. Times vary per day as I work retail and have crazy shifts sometimes.

If you have questions for me and can't seem to catch me online, you can definitely utilize our forums as well. You can also ask any of my staff (helpers, moderators, admin and me) any questions as we are constantly chatting it up in skype (even while I'm at work).
JOIN THE TEAM