Forum rules: 
  • This forum is not for hiring developers.
  • Do not post personal contact details (e-mail, phone number, Skype, etc.) publicly. Discuss in forum topics or private messages.
By Tybobobo
#171903 Image

What
We have recently begun establishing a new Pixelmon community + server and is in dire need of builders and moderators willing top help out.

Why
Dedicated volunteers will be appropriately rewarded for their assistance; and will receive a VIP rank when we are ready to open up for the public. :D

Server
The server is running in Canada, which is a great balance for EU and US players.
The average ping is around 90-130 for EU and US players. We have a *really* good server supporting around 40 players, and have received a 50% discount for life (as long as we keep renting the server). :D

Server Upkeep Plan
Our aim is to be able to keep the server up indefinitely by having a simple donation system in place.
It is worth mentioning that EVERYTHING will be accessible even if you DON'T donate. There will not be any donation locks forcing players to donate in order to get "perks". Donations are just a way for us to keep the server up and for lazy players to get what they want early! :D

Server Mods/Plugins
Disclaimer; Not every mod is fully functional yet, but the goal is to successfully implement all of the mods listed below. Mods may be added or removed without notice.
  • Forge
  • Pixelmon
  • Polis
  • SpongeDiscord
  • Enjin Plugin
  • PermissionsEX
  • EssentialCmds
  • EconomyLite
  • AntiSwear
  • Kits
  • FoxCore
  • FoxGuard
  • AdminShop
  • WorldEdit

Once we get the web-site fully functional a forum post containing more details about each and every mod will be put there. So if you would like to host your own Pixelmon Server and setup a donation system and everything; you will have access to everything you need. :) Gotta look out for eachother!

Communication
Web-site with Forum
In the beginning we are going to use an Enjin site. It is not ideal; but it will work for our needs. At least in the beginning. At a later point I may use my expertise to create a proper web-site tailored to our needs. Or perhaps use a customizable CMS (Content Management System) to speed things up, but still give us the freedom to create what we need. If you are player and a web-developer and would like to help us, contact me! :)

Voice communcation
As for communication, we use Discord. With Discord you have access to in-game chat, as well as a means of voice communication. It is available on your android and as a standalone app on your computer. Always stay connected!

Want to become a Moderator?
We do not have any "huge" requirements to become a moderator other than maturity (actions speak louder than words!) and availability on Discord. Of course you will have to help with building and pretty much everything else we need on the server :)
Previous experience with servers, forums and/or in community management is a huge bonus.

Want to become a Builder?
If you just want to be a builder; no requirements. You could be a monkey with a keyboard and mouse as long as you are able to build something and stay relatively active :)

Other than that, stay casual!

Me! Me! Pick Me!
If you are interested, send me a PM and I will send you an invite link to Discord so we can chat (once I have enough requests).
Further details will be given there, as no information will be disclosed here (yet).

For all interested being a Moderator; make sure to provide me with the following information:

-----------------

In-game Name:

Residing country:

When are you available on the server?:

Previous experience?:

Why should you become part of our staff (if you want to become mod)?:

Anything else?:

---------------------

A little about me
I am a 27 year old college student from Norway working on my last semester in Computer Science (Web-programming, design, game design, software engineering).

This means I may have erratic playtime's as I have to prioritize college over Pixelmon.
This means I may have to depend heavily on you until I finish college (Around June) in order to keep the server going.
I started this project in order to create the ideal server for players. I am tired of finding server after server forcing players to donate in order to access certain features; as well as having ridiculous "rules" they are not even willing to explain.
(For example; one of the servers I was browsing had a rule that prevented you from building high up. If they didnt want you to build high up they should reduce the max height in the server configuration! Dummies!) xP

By PieTheCat
#171923 In-game Name: _PieTheCat_

Residing country: USA

When are you available on the server?: Anytime I possibly can be, I will be on!

Previous experience?: None in the sense of servers, but I have been a citizen of MC for over 5 years.

Why should you become part of our staff (if you want to become mod)?: I should be part of the staff because 1: Every server need an experienced minecrafter 2: I can build, design, and lead well. 3: I am the most patient 12-year-old you have ever seen, and patience is key in server building.

Anything else?: Not to beg but, i=I have been wanting to at least halp with a pixelmon server sinse I got it for 1.6.4, and that was a LONG time ago.
By Tybobobo
#172003 Thanks for showing interest!
I am going to be honest - I think you may be a tiny bit too young to be a mod (In most forums you are required to be at least 13 years of age); but we'll see! You could always start out as a Builder, and if you show promise be promoted to a Moderator at a later time :)

Once I get more PMs (I got a few by now) I will let you know more!
By Tybobobo
#172159 I would like to append that we are still looking for builders and mods. When the search is over a post will be made to notify everyone (so people won't think that this thread is dead).

You as a mod or builder have the power to influence the server in the early phases and make it the way you would want it to be :)
By coopernick200
#172533 IGN; Coopernick200
Age; 13
Country; Canada/Bc
Avalability; well on weekends maybe around 2-5 hours
on weekdays 3 or 4
Experince; ok well i have been Head Admin on a Server long time ago but the owner Stop paying and server was deleted and also HeadMod and a Gym leader
Reasons for Staff: well i also really liked to help my fellow minecraft players and have been waiting for an opportunity like this every since i was a Head Admin on a server i have a good feeling about this server and i think i must be apart of it and i belive the Key to an EPIC server is Paitence.
Anything Else; well i have played minecraft scince Alpha and Pokemon sinice Soul Silver.
By jackbraun123
#172825 In-game Name:Jackbraun123

Residing country:Canada

When are you available on the server?:After School for about 2 - 4 hours and weekends

Previous experience?:i was a moderator on a few different servers

Why should you become part of our staff (if you want to become mod)?:my love for pixelmon has helped me find this page and i thought maybe i could help out.

Anything else?: i like potatos
By PieTheCat
Tybobobo wrote:Thanks for showing interest!
I am going to be honest - I think you may be a tiny bit too young to be a mod (In most forums you are required to be at least 13 years of age); but we'll see! You could always start out as a Builder, and if you show promise be promoted to a Moderator at a later time :)

Once I get more PMs (I got a few by now) I will let you know more!

I know I may be young, but i'm not an idiot. And I was going for being a builder too, so please still consider me?

Also, my IGN changed to I_Am_Sousuke
By TheHimayLegend
#174099 Age: 16

Residing country: United States

When are you available on the server?: Like 24/7

Previous experience?: I've made a lot of pixelmon servers and know how to do commands and all that complicated stuff

Why should you become part of our staff (if you want to become mod)?: idk i just wanna have fun lol.

Anything else?: i wouldnt mind being a mod for sure
JOIN THE TEAM