Discussion on any aspect of competitive Pixelmon.
By xYoshiko
#196562 Ok, So far, A server i play is holding a Battle mansion type battling area.
I have chosen the water typing, The rules for the team are 3 MUST be water types (can be a mulit-type) and the other 3 can have water damaging moves (Eg Aqua tail, Water pulse etc) I would like to see what i can improve on. This is my team

Clefable - Unaware - Calm - Moves = Water pulse, Soft Boiled, Calm mind, Stored Power
Sharpedo - Speed Boost - Adamant -Moves = Waterfall, Night slash, Poison jab, Protect
Ludicolo - Swift Swim - Modest -Moves = Giga Drain, Hydro pump, Ice beam and Rain dance
Politoad - Drizzle - Modest - Moves = Hydro pump, Ice beam, Hyper voice, Toxic
Gligar - Immunity - Impish - Moves = Defog, Aqua tail, Earthquake, Roost
Greninja - Protean - Timid - Moves = Dark pulse, Hydro pump, Grass knot, Ice beam

If you can improve it, Please do let me know <3

By Skipkan
#196571 Stored power on clef is a bad idea, change it for moonblast. With SP it is totally useless without boosts, bold is also a better nature, as you will raise its spdef with calm mind. Though I feel something with choice scarf would be better for such a offensive team to beat setup. I also disagree with sharpedo (what about shell smash cloyster?) but if you really want sharpedo, it can learn crunch, and the increased crit rate of night slash really is not worth the power drop. And I would change politoeds hyper voice for hidden power electric - much better against opponents water types. I would also consider changing toxic for encore, though I am not sure with that, as you have gligar... Which is really weak and has weakness to water and ice, isnt there any other defogger? It is a setup fodder, especially because it does not have toxic
By CritsAreFair
#196576 Having both DrizzleSwim and SB Sharpedo makes having a Scarfer largely unnecessary, there's very little a Scarfer can accomplish that one of those two can't, especially against HO (DrizzleSwim alone just destroys unprepared HO most of the time anyways). Alternatively you could run ScarfToed, but he's much too slow to outpace most threats at +1, so SpecsToed is by far the superior option in my opinion.

That being said your Swift Swimmer honestly lacks a bit of oomph. I'd drop it for something that actually packs a bit of power. Kingdra is a decent option if you wish to keep some of the defensive type synergy that Ludiculo brings, as he isn't weak to Electric or Grass either. Omastar is an other option, with much higher sweeping potential but is more reliant on the Rain, as even after a Shell Smash he fails to outpace some notable Scarfers when the Rain goes down. Depends on how you want to play this team, really.

Clefable's set is awkward, seconding Skipkan's suggestions on changing Stored Power to Moonblast. Even on dedicated CM sets Moonblast is just way more consistent than SP and nets most of the same KOs, while making him less of a dead weight against any team with Taunt or phazing (or a Dark type that doesn't mind Water Pulse). Speaking of which, are you required to use a Water move? If not, you'll see better results with either Flamethrower or Heal Bell.

Does Sharpedo even learn Night Slash? Crunch is more consistent either way. Also I'd strongly recommend dropping Poison Jab for Ice Fang, as it lets you pose a threat to Salamence and Dragonite. With Protect, this actually lets you play mind games with Dragonite even after a DD. If it goes for an attack and you Protect, you outspeed it the next turn. If it boosts with another DD and you go for the attack instead of Protect, you also win assuming Multiscale is broken.

Politoed should really be changed to a Specs set. Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Focus Blast / Hidden Power (Grass) is generally the standard set.

Why Gligar over Gliscor? Gliscor has a ton more survivability, and a Poison Heal Gliscor with Defog is legal in Pixelmon thanks to Defog still being a HM. Your set works fine (again, iffy on Aqua Tail but if it's a rule that you have to carry it, so be it), just slap a Toxic Orb on it instead of Eviolite.

Greninja looks fine but doesn't synergize well with Sharpedo, as they usually occupy similar roles. You also don't have a Mega, so perhaps give Venusaur a try. Most importantly, Venusaur hard counters Serperior, a major threat that can otherwise steamroll your team if it gets any momentum at all, especially if Clefable is weakened or removed. Luckily Venusaur brings it to a full stop. Bear in mind that Synthesis gets nerfed to a 33% heal in the rain, which does affect his survivability.

If you're required to give it a Water move, you could give it Hidden Power Water I guess, haha. You just need something to throw at Serperior to stop it from 6-0ing you after Clefable takes a bit of damage.

Set dump:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold - Unaware
252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Def
-Moonblast
-Softboiled
-Calm Mind
-Water Pulse / Flamethrower (if allowed)

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest - Swift Swim
228 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 28 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass) / Scald / Dragon Pulse

Omastar @ Life Orb / White Herb
Modest - Swift Swim
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam