- 28 Mar 2021 14:15
First, edit your pixelmon.hocon (located in the Minecraft configs folder)
- Find the line containing "useExternalJSONFilesQuests"
- Change "false" to "true"
- Save the config, then restart your server or launcher
Next, create your quest in the new folder minecraft/pixelmon/quests
- The default quests should already be in this folder. You can duplicate one of these files, then edit it to create your own quest.
- See this wiki page for more detail about how to actually create quests: https://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/Quests/Creation
- If you place an NPC's UUID in the config for a certain quest, that NPC will automatically have custom dialogue when the quest says it should.
As an example, here's the first stage of the Dynamax quest (stage 0), edited to include the UUID of an NPC. The long string of numbers and letters is the UUID, and can be obtained by clicking the "Copy UUID" button while using the NPC editor. Every NPC has a different UUID.
Code: Select all
"DIALOGUE 6b0100e0-7a69-4e4b-aea2-5b4d2097b079 name=npcName text=start choice=startYes choice=startNo",
"NPC_RESPOND 6b0100e0-7a69-4e4b-aea2-5b4d2097b079 0",
"NPC_RESPOND 6b0100e0-7a69-4e4b-aea2-5b4d2097b079 1"
"1 SET_STAGE 1",
"2 DIALOGUE name=npcName text=rejected choice=goodbye"