By Pokenerd8
#167201 4th one down, Water Gym is ready to go! had some help from Mooseydeath by helping me make a bigger version of the gym. Ready to get Wet? Mist is splashing in!

Meet the Water gym and Gym leader Mist!
Water Gym screenshots
Spoiler:

Water Gym Leader Mist
Spoiler:
Name reference: Mist or rain, also a reference to misty's gym

Team
-------------------------------------------
1. Politoed. Item (Damp Rock)
Abillity: Drizzle. Nature: Modest
Max Ivs. Evs: 180hp, 228spatk, 102spdef
- swagger
- ice beam
- scald
- mud shot

2. Kingdra. Item (Choice specs)
Ability: swift swim. Nature: Modest
Max Ivs. Evs: 198hp, 252spatk, 60spd
- scald
- dragon pulse
- ice beam
- brine

3. Tentacruel. Item (Black sludge)
Ability: Rain Dish. Nature: Calm
Ivs: Max evs: 248hp, 140spatk, 122spd
- acid spray
- scald
- toxic spikes
- giga drain

4. Lanturn. item (Focus sash)
Abillity: Volt Absorb. Nature: Bold
Max Ivs. Evs: 252hp, 200def , 58spatk
- Thunder
- scald
- Thunder wave
- Light screen

5. Feraligatr. Item (life orb)
Ability: sheer force. Nature: Jolly
Max Ivs. Evs: 6hp, 252atk, 252, 252spd
- dragon dance
- waterfall
- Crunch
- ice punch

You will get the Rain badge and TM scald

Water Gym Download

By Pokenerd8
#167272 Thank you!
But to be honest i have no clue if they will be in the mod or not. would love them to be added but i wanna make sure everyone likes them. I'm only on gym 6/17 as im writing this so everything depends on what the developers will say :)
By JamieS1211
#167360 100% do not call anyone in the gym moisty, that word means things in English slang.....
By Pokenerd8
#167362 All traces of moisty now gone, the new name "Mist" will take his place. no more bad innuendo :P.
By Some Body
#168515 Politoed has no use for Damp Rock as Drizzle summons infinite rain in Gen 5.

Brine is not very useful, mostly being overkill when its effect kicks in (especially in rain and with Choice Specs) and locking you into an otherwise weak move. Hydro Pump would be more useful as your second Water STAB.

A defensive Pokémon such as Lanturn has little use for Focus Sash. Leftovers is the obvious choice for it. You may also wish to entertain Volt Switch as a move option as Lanturn's offenses are not that great.
By Pokenerd8
#168535 I know that the rain would be infinite, however i was thinking that in the case that i would not be able to go back to edit them, the infinite rain would go away when gen 6 is introduced into the mod

the brine, to be honest did not know what other move to put on, i may try to put on flash cannon for fairy types in the future and hydro pump had horrible RNG which was why i put brine 1st, will change this however when i get the chance to get on to fix them

and yea, i was thinking that myself now that you point it out, going to change lanturn's set.
By Some Body
#168536 Whenever Gen 6 mechanics get introduced I will probably update things like this myself, so it's not something you should concern yourself with.

You already have Scald for a safe Water-type move, so Brine is redundant and will never be used anyway. Hydro Pump gives you an 80% chance (which is not bad at all) to deal far more damage than you would with your safe option, especially since this Kingdra is already about power with Specs and rain-boosted attacks.
By Pokenerd8
#168546 Alright will do :) i will change them then, however what item should the politoed have then? the elite 4 i have uses a mystic water but, i think life orb or expert belt could work to, the life orb i may be concerned with because the Politoed was more used as a bulky attacker.

should i added hydro pump over flash cannon on kingdra then?
By Some Body
#168551 If you want anything bulky to be bulkier, Leftovers is always an option. Water/Ice isn't really enough coverage to be using Expert Belt, especially as most opponents would already expect those two move types. You'd probably want a more offensive moveset if you want to use Life Orb or Mystic Water.

Flash Cannon is only useful for Rock and Ice types, both of which usually do poorly against Water types anyway. Hydro Pump gives Kingdra some extra power, which is appreciated as Kingdra's Special Attack is middling.
JOIN THE TEAM