By TheHappyMiner82
#174463 Alright, so I'm back to work on my gym! I made some changes to the roof, and I think it looks much better now!

Here's the world file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w0rgv ... m_Test.zip

I also made a skin for the Leader! What do you guys think of it?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/3v8te1395 ... r_Skin.png

Let me know what you think! I'm always open to suggestions!

By Pokenerd8
#174481 The shape of the gym looks pretty cool. but maybe try some other stone blocks as well? plain stone bit boring.a suggestion you could try for the gym battle room is have it under ground where you have more room. you could also sprinkle some of the small boulders around for rock decor.

Edit: didn't see the see the pad for the gym leader until now. scratch that idea
By TheHappyMiner82
Pokenerd8 wrote:The shape of the gym looks pretty cool. but maybe try some other stone blocks as well? plain stone bit boring.a suggestion you could try for the gym battle room is have it under ground where you have more room. you could also sprinkle some of the small boulders around for rock decor.

Edit: didn't see the see the pad for the gym leader until now. scratch that idea

Thanks for the input!
I have been thinking about using those boulders for a while. I'll see what I can do with them. Using different stone blocks will be a bit more challenging, because diorite and granite differ greatly in appearance from the regular stone and may create some unsightly patches. Andesite would probably work well though. I may also see if I can add some gravel into the mix, too.
By Pokenerd8
#174483 cobblestone pretty good one to use as well
By MrMasochism
#174588 I do like the outside but the inside is a little dull. I like the idea of it being caves but it should look like it's been carved out by man rather than fully natural I think so minecarts, rails, fences and other stuff strewn around could be good
By Amnail
#174620 Outside is very unique. I like. Inside could use a lot of work though, as it stands it really just looks like another cave instead of well, being a Gym.
By TheHappyMiner82
#174664 Thanks for the tips! Yeah, there isn't much to look at on the inside, but like the title said, this is a work in progress. I plan to put a lot of things in there to decorate it. If you have any other advice, do let me know. Every comment helps make this build better! :-D
By MrMasochism
#174687 Those are huge improvements! The inside is looking great now. I'm not sold on the top space, the piles of rock/dirt etc are a little high and don't quite work as they are
JOIN THE TEAM