By TheOmniAdam
#177074 Thank you!

If this gym is acceptable as is I'll try to see if I can't make another (Once I provide the leader skin). I see we still lack Ground, Poison and Fairy gyms- but making a team for the Fairy gym might be difficult with only pokemon who BECOME fairy being confirmed for the new version (I assume we are including fairy with the following expansion? I could be wrong on that front too...)

By Deo3560
#177085 I agree, this looks a lot better. However, I hate to say this, it still looks like a mess of platforms. I understand it's a flying gym and platforming is what you are aiming for, but I just can't see what's happening in there. It looks like parkour is your priority rather than structure which is getting in the way.

It's not my decision, but things like floating gym badge pixelart is an eyesore.
By TheOmniAdam
#177095 I guess the question becomes where the priority lies - all the classic games had generic looking exteriors that didn't really match the giant puzzles contained within. When that has to occupy real space then we have to decide is the priority to keep everything looking real sharp and keep gym puzzles to what can be kept on a smaller level- or embrace the puzzley-platformy mess. I'm willing to admit I might be on the wrong side of that- or maybe the right answer is some do one, some do the other? Maybe there is a perfect design that has several platforms as part of the gym puzzle but also doesn't look like a lot of platforms as part of the gym puzzle? This isn't that and I apologize.

The gym badge pixelart is there because I was told the original didn't look like a gym and I only see the folding "gym" sign as a means to show that a building is a gym in the current version of Pixelmon- I am certainly not married to it but was how I'd seen other designs in the forum do it.
By bvanseghi
#179595 Honestly, I was hoping to see a giant bird cage, with a huge tree inside it, and you have to jump from branch to branch to get to the gym leader at the top. Then at the end, behind the gym leader, is a drop down the entire tree, where water cushions the blow at the bottom of the drop, then you walk out.

EDIT: I REALLY wish flying on pokemon was disabled within gym boundaries, as well as breaking blocks or digging or placing blocks.... sigh.
By TheOmniAdam
#179637 That sounds like a cool gym- you should build that!

I kinda build with adventure mode in mind because short of making an invisible wall maze anything can be circumvented- even in adventure mode things like sending out Pokemon and jumping on them can skip puzzles and platformy bits. I'd like to think a lot of people will WANT to experience the gyms but yeah- not much to stop someone from just punching a hole to the leader (though in the ground gym I submitted the "obvious" gym leader is a fake so there's SOME deterrence...)
By bvanseghi
#179671 I mean I could make that my project for two days. But I really don't want to outshine your gym, or at least attempt to. Why don't we work on a gym together and decide what's best?

If I help you out with the rock gym, too, we can really pump out gyms!

As a side note, I'm not that amazing with redstone. Or setting up NPCs. But building, definitely.

EDIT: I have started working on a flying gym, I'll be done with it a couple hours from now.
By bvanseghi
#179683 UPDATE: I have finished the Bird Cage flying gym variant and I am now prepping it for presentation. Stand by!
By bvanseghi
#179715 Well I was thinking of doing Pokemon structures for villages. The current village structures are.... lol. You know.
JOIN THE TEAM