By Deo3560
#193765 I saw that a poison gym was still on the list of gyms to be made so here is my take on a poison gym which I named The Lethal Terrace Poison Gym. It's small but still has room for 3-4 trainers and a gym leader.

Front | Show

Angled | Show

Aerial | Show

Interior | Show

Download | Show
https://www.mediafire.com/?ylz5h563kqvhuid

PS: Pictures do not represent any edits done to Gym.

Hope it's acceptable to be added into the modpack, thanks for taking the time to look at it, sorry I don't have a gym leader skin on hand.

By TheOmniAdam
#193797 I like the look of the building from screens (I still haven't downloaded all these gyms to experience them) but is the entire gym just entering, boosted dirt stairs, then roof? Or is there a trick to the pistons activating like a puzzle? And could someone just swim up the waterfall on the outside like it appears one could (granted with all these designs people can fly/jump on thrown pokemon/mooonstone armor/nonsense their way around the intended design so I know that can't always be accounted for).
By Deo3560
#193820 It is just as you said, the gym is as straight-forward as it looks, I did the boosted dirt not to be as a puzzle but to be a simple design factor you see in gyms as if you were using an HM move like cut or rock smash. The point of them aren't to confuse you, just get in your way and block you until you complete the obstacle. As for the waterfall I made sure to put cobblestone fencing around the top layer so nobody could skip the gym without flight, boosted jumping, or destroying them.
By SKyTheThunder
#193829 I quite like the design. Definitely says "poison". It's nice and simple - a welcome contrast to the many complex ones we have.

Some details I personally would change are - for one - the water: I'm really not a fan of those slab-ponds (at the sides, with the lily pads). Yes, Minecraft physics allows you to trap water behind blocks that wouldn't hold it, but it just looks weird. :/ Same for the waterfall - that gap between water and wall doesn't look right...
Speaking of the waterfall, the cobblestone walls won't stop people from getting up that way. You can - with a bit of luck - jump that extra half block from water. And you don't even need to do that because you could just step on the cobble slabs or the andesite blocks first. Then again there's so many ways to bypass gym layouts (including mining) that I wouldn't bother trying to enforce it as long as the intended path is clear...
Another point would be the torches. Why the torches on the roof and in other places people won't go anyways? I think they break up the overall look more than they add to it. Really all torches I'd keep on the outside are the two on the terrace and the two left and right of the leader. That should be enough illumination.
And lastly the banners. I like the idea of having them, but as they are they look very plain. Maybe add some pattern to them?
By Deo3560
#193834 You got it, I'll make all these changes right away. I can definitely see where you are coming from with each issue so not a problem.
JOIN THE TEAM