Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By xPeinful
#93181 Hello people of the Pixelmon community!

( Sorry I honestly don't know where to post this! but its a cool idea & you may want to know about it. If its not supposed to be here can we possibly move this topic to where it is meant to be or can someone inform me where it can be recopied thanks :D)

So I have just watch a video on "LittleLizardGaming" a YouTube channel that plays Pixelmon a lot, they have created a new "gamemode"/re-made a older game of Pokemon called Pokemon Snap (Pixelmon Snap for this mod). I've been trying to create this since watching the video & I could do with you guys helping me out! below are some steps that I need some help with.

1. An all Pixelmon spawning database! (I mean all Pixelmon from eeveelutions, evolutions, fossil pokemon & Legends)

2. A map designed for this "Gamemode" (personally I HATE the default map generate for Pixelmon, I'd like it to look natural made with different plugins like VoxelSniper & MCWorldEdit)

3. Servers, I don't have the time to run a server nor to I have the funds all in all I'm simply just not a good leader its not in my nature & that's just how it is. I personally feel this could be added as a server like the safari games on the pixelmon website.

4. A mod pack, If this mod pack is created I'd personally like it to have the Pixelmon mod LABELLED as (Database Edited) so this way the users know it is edited, the map that would be used & the Photoreal mod (this is the mod used within the video to take the pictures)

Honestly if people could help me with making this I would be really happy! sure the server may not be made but hell if you want to make one GO FOR IT, I won't claim the idea, I wanted to hand this out to the community! all I ask is that you give the people credit to who made the map & the mod pack end of story!

Anyway people of the Pixelmon community, I'd like to thank you all for reading this & if you do decide to make any of the ideas above be sure to tell me & link me the download because I'd be more than happy to download & play. The video of "LittleLizardGaming" playing Pixelmon Snap will be bellow!

P.S I have asked "LittleLizardGaming" to make a mod pack & leave the map download in the description for us to have ago but so far there are no replies so it may not happen that is the reason I made this post :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOSsivHNZ_Y

By enkilleridos
#93212 1.) Okay first, mod packs are not allowed unless you make them for your own use in your home. I use a custom mod pack for my wifes computer and mine because I have made a couple of custom mods that adds some more hardened clay block options like stairs and stuff like that. I keep it updated and keep improving it. Having it in a mod pack is easier to transfer and update on my home network. But I cannot distribute it, the pixelmon admins do not allow mod packs to be publically distributed.

2.) I stopped hosting a server because of the open to lan function. It was kind of pointless to host a bukkit server on tunngle or hamachi when I could just use the client and host my own without needing to worry about permissions etc. If you are just playing with four or five friends and don't have the bandwidth to support more players or a full fledged bukkit server, or you just want to play with a select group of people and no one else. I would reccommend that option for playing something like this with friends. But I have had years of experience in hosting a variety of servers from muds to games like nwn and nwn 2 as well as a few open source games. I prefer to be in the same physical location as my server because hosting services do not accommodate my ocd of complete control over a server.

3.) Have you heard of WorldPainter? I love it and it works for single player maps that you can open to the lan. http://www.worldpainter.net/

4.) There are some new config options in the config files that would allow you to have a safari type thing without having aggressive pokemon..

5.) The right HD realistic texture pack you can find on planet minecraft could give you what you want. (I use ones that require MCPatcher that does hd graphics. I never liked optifine, I always felt that the hd enhancements done by MCPatcher looked better, and I know for a fact it works with pixelmon with no need to modify anything. It also has an installer. )

If you wanted to make your own single player map you could make it into a server. It wont have plugins, or permissions which can be overwhelming for people new to it. You don't have to be a leader to do that anyway...

Just an idea I wanted to through out to you..Good luck with your future endevors!

EDIT 1: Added number 5.

EDIT 2+: Fixed formatting and other errors.
JOIN THE TEAM