Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By LaKerfuffle
#94834 I played quite a bit of pixelmon today with a friend on my server. Twice, it said "A legendary has spawned in a Plains biome" (rayquaza) but we never found it. I'd say we looked for 4-5 minutes each time. But it got weird when we were out in the ocean, mining for fossils. All of a sudden we see, "A legendary has spawned in a Jungle biome" (mew). Weird thing is, the closest Jungle biome to us was over 150 blocks away...noone else was on the server. Not to mention we were in levels 20-50. Anyways, we decide maybe the game just spawns pokemon from really far away so we check it out. We looked for a good 15 minutes to no avail, kind of sad. But my main question here is how spawning works. Do pokemon spawn from hundreds of blocks away?

By SKYCREEPER1
#94917 The Legedaries spawn in random biomes as far as i know, so that way you cant guess the next legendary that will spawn, and legendaries also despawn like normal pokemon. So if one spawned in a jungle a person (since you were in a server) must have been loading jungle chunks, and if they left that jungle and the chunks unloaded, then the legendary would have despawned
By LaKerfuffle
#94977 No offense, but both of you misunderstood the question. I'll re-explain in. Basically, there were 2 people on the server, both of us right next to each other. The nearest jungle biome was hundreds of blocks away, and over 50 blocks above us. Is it normal for legendaries, or any pokemon for that matter, to spawn so far away?
Other question: why would mew have despawned so quickly? Right after seeing the message, we dug upwards and flew to the jungle biome adjacent to us (again, we were in the ocean). If anything, we were always getting closer to the jungle, not farther away, so the chunks shouldn't have unloaded. Why would it despawn?
By MrMasochism
#94986 Minecraft's entity mechanics are pretty stupid. What I'll do is build a despawn timer into legendaries for the next update so that they will force minecraft to leave them in the world for a certain length of time (maybe 1-2 minecraft hours)
By RealAxeBro
MrMasochism wrote:What I'll do is build a despawn timer into legendaries for the next update so that they will force minecraft to leave them in the world for a certain length of time (maybe 1-2 minecraft hours)

How much is that in real-time?
JOIN THE TEAM