Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By BluestoneServers
#95412 1. You don't allow Pixelmon to be in modpacks.
2. You force your player base to use malicious ad websites just to download the content they need.

Why? I don't understand the motive behind it. You would be better off making your mod as accessible as possible, yet you've restricted it entirely. Do you plan on making more money this way? I feel that if you truly wanted to benefit the minecraft community, and yourselves, you'd release the reigns a bit and let your community grow. Techinic already has multiple versions of pixelmon in modpacks. As a matter of fact, if you check the "modpacks" page, there is a modpack featuring pixelmon just 6 packs down. This modpack has over 2689 upvotes, and gains more every day.

I apologize if my questions upset anyone. I'm just trying to understand why.

By SKYCREEPER1
#95415 Since i dont know much about the first question im not going to answer it and give false information, but the second question i know. Adfly and Mediafire are both websites people use all the time to download things, they infact both have advertisements near the download links. if someone clicks a false advertisement it may lead to malicous software, but other than that the websites are completely safe
By BluestoneServers
#95417 Both the download link websites, and the main page of this mod all contain fake adds that have nothing to do with the mod. Why would they do that? Children are the ones who are attempting to download and play this mod, all these false adverts make them highly susceptible targets. Where as, if the mod was allowed to be in modpacks, this issue would be eliminated. Both of those websites that host the mod have loads of comments complaining about how the mod didn't download, or that they downloaded the wrong thing.
By SPG
#95418 you act like you dont know how the internet works, those ads on mediafire is how they keep hosting their site, if some child misses the big green button and they get a virus its their fault, if anything, its the parent's fault for not monitoring the child or blocked the use of certain sites or downloading something
as for not having pixelmon in a mod pack, we dont do it because those are hosted on other sites, we want the mod to be hosted on ours so they can get the help that then need, unlike on lets say the tekkit website, they'll ask and ask and never get support
By BluestoneServers
#95420 It's not the "BIG GREEN DOWNLOAD" button that's the problem. It's the "DOWNLOAD HERE" bull that's all over this website, and both the adFly and Adfoc sites, as well as the 4share site. You can't blame parents, because each one of those sites has a "download here" button; and if parents DID block those sites, Who downloads your mod then?
By MrMasochism
#95425 Simply put, the ads on the main site are provided by google who vouch for their safety. Those ads also have the word ad above them to indicate they are ads. Adf.ly and adfoc.us are the only reason we've been able to keep running as long as we have...

The number one (and it's a big one) problem with modpacks is that they provide no support whatsoever. If you have a look at any modpack that has pixelmon on technic you'll find that they're filled with people asking for help and not getting any. Modpack providers seem to think it's not their problem at all while not providing any links to our website or helping anyone out. It's ridiculous. We tried to enter into an official agreement with technic over providing an official modpack on their platform but as soon as we did our end they went and backstabbed us while refusing to fulfill the conditions that they said they would. We want nothing more to do with them.

While you seem to think that this approach is hamstringing the mod it's actually the opposite. We have seen ridiculous growth and I do believe a large part of that is due to the centrality of this website and the way it provides support for the mod. Especially in earlier versions support was extremely necessary due to the bugs/glitches that we have now solved so many of (again thanks to the fact that everyone using the mod posts their issues here).

I understand you have a problem with all that but I'd prefer you didn't try and pick fights on these forums, it doesn't do anyone any good
By MrMasochism
#95430 Been thinking about it. If you want to write a little guide (2-3 sentences) detailing how to get through the adf.ly or adfoc.us screens then i'll happily put that below the download links on the download page
By pelagius_septim
#96741 I feel like complaining about this topic, The Pixelmon Team doesnt get paid, and they do a heck of alot of work! The only money they make are from donations and Ad.fly/Adfoc.us. We love the mod, and the dev does it all with out pay, so they should be able to keep their links as they are. And for modpack, a majority of people claim to be to author of the mod when they use mod packs. Or do not give full credit. I would suggest next time you post something like this, dont just blame Pixelmon for doing something "wrong" because they do alot for the community and dont get paid for it.
JOIN THE TEAM