Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By PSap29
#96149 I would like to use the Pixelmon models as hats for iChun's hats mod, for the lolz, but I can't find the techne files for the models in the Pixelmon files from the mod download. Google searches yielded nothing either. Is there some way to get them, or are they simply only available to the mod devs? If I can't get them, I don't mind, but I just wanted to see what they'd be like as hats for the fun of it. Thanks in advance!

By Animalol
#96161 Sorry, but we do not just hand out our models. Our modellers work hard to make the models for the mod, so we keep them for the mod only.
By victorpower
#96212 Btw PSap29, I am not sure if this covers your question but I know what modeling tool they use. They use Maya 2014 Education (Since it is a public tool I do not see why no one told you this).
By PSap29
victorpower wrote:Btw PSap29, I am not sure if this covers your question but I know what modeling tool they use. They use Maya 2014 Education (Since it is a public tool I do not see why no one told you this).

I thought they used techne. Maybe I'm wrong? Either way, that probably wouldn't help me, as I tried to use techne in the past, but I found it wasn't very user friendly for beginners. Thanks anyway. At least you weren't a dick about it like the other guy.
By Pro_Malti
PSap29 wrote:
victorpower wrote:Btw PSap29, I am not sure if this covers your question but I know what modeling tool they use. They use Maya 2014 Education (Since it is a public tool I do not see why no one told you this).

I thought they used techne. Maybe I'm wrong? Either way, that probably wouldn't help me, as I tried to use techne in the past, but I found it wasn't very user friendly for beginners. Thanks anyway. At least you weren't a dick about it like the other guy.

The mod used to use Techne, but now is converting to .OBJ models, Some pokemon still have techne models, but time over time, they're getting reworked.
By PSap29
Pro_Malti wrote:
PSap29 wrote:

The mod used to use Techne, but now is converting to .OBJ models, Some pokemon still have techne models, but time over time, they're getting reworked.

Shows how much I know. Either way, it just means there's no way for me to get the models. Thanks anyway!
By gilbert12888
#96838 The models are in the mod zip file. They are in pixelmon/client/models/objFiles. Techne files are compliled into class files so there is no way to access those really. Those classes are in pixelmon/client/models/pokemon, Textures are in assets/pixelmon/textures/pokemon, Not sure if saying this is against the ToS so if it is delete this post.
-Gilbert
By PSap29
gilbert12888 wrote:The models are in the mod zip file. They are in pixelmon/client/models/objFiles. Techne files are compliled into class files so there is no way to access those really. Those classes are in pixelmon/client/models/pokemon, Textures are in assets/pixelmon/textures/pokemon, Not sure if saying this is against the ToS so if it is delete this post.
-Gilbert

I found the files, but the mod I'm using (iChun's Hats Mod) is only compatible with Techne files, so I guess I won't be able to use them for hats.
By Animalol
#121728 Locking, as this is a necro thread.
JOIN THE TEAM