Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By DarkExcalibur01
#98757 I want a good moveset for metagross. What is the perfect moveset for him but uses moves he learns and maybe 1 tm move.I do not have a way to get tms easy.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Hyperbeam
Psychic
Snarl
Meteor Mash

By SPG
#98759 no, he is a physical attack, not a special, horrible moveset
i like to hit hard and fast, so if you know what you are doing I would go with
zen headbutt
meteor Mash
agility
and earthquake

there is no such thing as a perfect moveset, but its what i like to use
By Some Body
#98767 Metagross has 135 base Attack and 95 base Special Attack. 135>95, so use physical moves.
-Hyper Beam is a terrible move in general as it prevents you from moving the next turn and is a Normal-type move, meaning that it hits nothing super-effectively and it doesn't gain STAB. Giga Impact (physical equivalent) is just as bad.
-Psychic can be replaced with a physical Psychic attack, Zen Headbutt. Unfortunately, since you have evidently passed up on the move, you'll need to get a new Metagross to have Zen Headbutt.
-Snarl can't be learned by Metagross.
-Meteor Mash is good.

Besides Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt as dual STABs, other moves to consider are:

Level-up moves (You will need a new Metagross for these moves):
-Agility: boosts Speed by two stages, useful for sweeping with Metagross.
-Bullet Punch: Priority move that moves before most other moves, useful for KOing opponents that are weakened/weak to Steel and faster than Metagross.
-Hammer Arm: Fighting-type coverage move. Lowers Speed by one stage though.
-Pursuit: Doesn't work correctly yet in Pixelmon, but when it is implemented, useful for knocking out Pokémon that would otherwise switch out and be usable later in the battle, especially Pokémon weak to Dark-type moves.
Note: Do not use Bullet Punch or Hammer Arm if you have Agility.

TMs:
-Hone Claws: Boosts Attack and Accuracy one stage, not as useful as boosting Speed but does help with Meteor Mash's and Zen Headbutt's imperfect accuracy.
-Earthquake: Ground-type coverage move.
-Explosion: Will make Metagross faint, but does a lot of damage. Use when Metagross is about to faint anyway.
-Rock Polish: Same as Agility, can be used with your current Metagross.
-Rock Slide: Rock-type coverage move.
By Some Body
#98788 EV training is not an excuse for using inferior stats. Why EV train Metagross's worse Special Attack when you can train its Attack?

Pixelmon is on B2W2's mechanics for the moment rather than XY's, so Metagross isn't even weak to Ghost-type moves. The two Ghost-types in Pixelmon at the moment, Gengar and Drifblim, both have mediocre Defense, so Meteor Mash will do a solid amount of damage to them already, and Zen Headbutt is even super-effective against Gengar. Metagross doesn't learn any other offensive Dark-type move anyway.

Rest isn't particularly great without Sleep Talk (which Metagross can't learn) as it leaves the opponent two free turns to set up and leaves you completely open, which can easily become a huge problem.
By Airth
#98811 adamant one with meteormas zen headbut earthquake (kill other metagross) and agility or bulletpunch then 252 in atk and 252 in def then the last 6 in speed and also make sure it has good iv's
By Some Body
#98813 Earthquake is for more than just other Metagross; it also hits other Steel-type Pokémon that resist both its STABs, as well as Fire-type Pokémon who threaten it.

If you're going for Agility, you want all the Speed you can get, so Jolly and 252 Speed EVs. Otherwise, invest some in HP and some in Speed. Generally, investing in HP is better than investing in one of the defense stats.
By DarkExcalibur01
#98949 If I increase all stats he will be good at sp atk and physical atk.
Most people will pull out a ghost or dark type so i needd somethung good against that.
I also need something good against fire but thats not happening.
Thats why i chose snarl and hyper beam
Hyperbeam might be normal and not super effective but no type is good against normal
I chose snarl for ghost and dark types becase he's psychic
By Brooke
#98954 Well I think spg has the best moveset I used it for my team :) well soon.. I still need to level my metang up :P

A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is always bad -miyamoto Thanks For that quote I can sound so smart now

And Spg for putting it out there..

!
don't multipost please
By SPG
DarkExcalibur01 wrote:If I increase all stats he will be good at sp atk and physical atk.
Most people will pull out a ghost or dark type so i needd somethung good against that.
I also need something good against fire but thats not happening.
Thats why i chose snarl and hyper beam
Hyperbeam might be normal and not super effective but no type is good against normal
I chose snarl for ghost and dark types becase he's psychic

again, ghost and dark type moves arent super effective against him, and you cant boost all stats, you can only give a pokemon 510, and the max one stat can have is 255, and even then only giving it 252 in one stat would be far better because you only get 1 stat point every 4 evs
as for something good against fire, jsut give it earthquake, its 100 power and accuracy and its a fantastic coverage move, it also takes adavantage of metagross's high attack stat
and hyper beam is still a horrible choice because you have to recharch and its a special move, you'd be better off giving it explosion because that recharge would kill you anyways (dont give it explosion, im joking)
JOIN THE TEAM