Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Turtylx
#99366 Hello,
I am just doing some research into finding out whether or not anyone has a Pixelmon server (using Minecraft forge) which is Linux CLI based - specifically Debian.
If anyone has information in regards to whether this is possible or suggestions, it'd be highly appreciated because I've been looking all over Google and have not found a single thing on creating a Pixelmon Server using this structure.

We don't want to use any other method of creating a server because we already have 3 other servers set up with this method. I am not the owner of the Servers, I am just an Admin who is doing the research for the owner. If you have anymore questions regarding our setup, you can ask. However I'm mostly looking for whether or not setting up a Linux CLI based Pixelmon Server is possible. And getting some help with it.

Thanks for reading,

- Turtylx

By Turtylx
#100082 I'm not 100% familiar with Linux, just wondering if anyone can give a brief tutorial if possible just so we know how much work may be involved with creating the server :)
By pncampbell
#100881 What I did was create a server install on windows then zip up the installation and upload it to my linux box.

Since I've already done this I put my zip server installation up on a dropbox public download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... ver257.zip

so just ssh to your server and download and unzip it with ..

Code: Select allwget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14368365/pixmonserver257.zip

Code: Select allunzip pixmonserver257.zip

Obviously youl need java installed and to create a suitable start script such as ...

Code: Select all#!/bin/bash
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.935.jar

Then give the script execute permission e.g.

Code: Select allchmod 755 start.sh
(assuming you called your script start.sh ...)

and run it ...

Code: Select all./start.sh
JOIN THE TEAM