Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By bgyako
#99467 Hi Guys,

Pretty new to minecraft and mods, trying to help my son out.
Looking over the latest mod for pixelmon 2.5.7 It appears that it is compatible with
minecraft version 1.6.4. Which version of pixelmon and forge should I be using for minecraft v 1.7.4?

Thanks for all and any help...

By gravenfire45
#99469 forge 1.7.4 would be the right forge to use and pixelmon 3.0 would be the right pixelmon version(but it is not released yet as of now)
By bgyako
gravenfire45 wrote:forge 1.7.4 would be the right forge to use and pixelmon 3.0 would be the right pixelmon version(but it is not released yet as of now)

thank you my son will be upset. Does the pixelmon mod come from different sources (developers) or only this site?
Also it looks like forge for minecraft 1.7.4 is not available either?
Lastly, in minecraft it shows the last 3 versions, and I believe it has the option to chose which version to use.
If I select the older version will it work, or should I just wait for the new release? Any idea when new release is coming?
By bgyako
bgyako wrote:
gravenfire45 wrote:forge 1.7.4 would be the right forge to use and pixelmon 3.0 would be the right pixelmon version(but it is not released yet as of now)

thank you my son will be upset. Does the pixelmon mod come from different sources (developers) or only this site?
Lastly, in minecraft it shows the last 3 versions, and I believe it has the option to chose which version to use.
If I select the older version will it work, or should I just wait for the new release? Any idea when new release is coming?

Oh also pixelmod 2.5.7, which version of minecraft should I use?
By gravenfire45
bgyako wrote:
bgyako wrote:

Oh also pixelmod 2.5.7, which version of minecraft should I use?

minecraft 1.6.4 is the best for pixelmon 2.5.7
By gravenfire45
#99473 and no i have no idea when the new pixelmon update is being released sorry
JOIN THE TEAM