Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Datmusic
#100423 So I decided one day to test something, these were the results:

So I went on one of my test servers (it has a lot of space on it so it isn't going to mess with the results)

And checked the cpu. At first Cpu ranged from 150%-200% with plugins installed and a 8000 worldborder world. After removing all plugins and changing the world Pixelmon ran at 90%-140%CPU. Then proceeding to install all the plugins again and then remove Pixelmon and start the world cpu was 50%. How can one optimize Pixelmon so the Cpu doesn't go that high and tps stays nice and cozy. For at the moment it seems that Pixelmon makes the Cpu go wild. Any information would be appreciated to optimize the experience.

By FlipFlop
#100568 What's your computer specs and what plugins are you using as pixelmon doesn't seem very resource intensive for me even using a few mods and a hd texture pack. Maybe you could try something like optifine though that generally helps
By Datmusic
#100618 Its not my computer its a server.
By Burgy
#100627 A server is still a computer. Jus' saying.

But what are you server's specs?
By FlipFlop
#100629 Sorry i didn't realise. Now im a little confused though is the server running the cpu high or is your pc playing the game, or are you doing both on the same computer? As i generally find it's the game that causes my cpu to work harder and not the server.
By FlipFlop
#100649 Sorry i misread tps as fps which confused me a bit. Also from my understanding running 150% to 200% shouldn't really be a big issue depending on the amount of cores you're cpu has. But other than getting an upgrade there probably isn't much you can do as the mod adds and changes quite a few mechanics. And again sorry for my previous post.
By Burgy
#100690 Cores should not matter as Minecraft is not a threaded program. It would only really matter if you hosted a website or say a VoIP server that effected the same core as the game server.

And there is lots you can do to upgrade your server box...
New parts, different OS, and so on.
By Datmusic
#100754 Intel Xeon processors, large-pipe network connections, plenty of memory, and solid state hard drives (SSDs). Or at least thats what Craftnodehosting says. 20Gb of Ram and I think 25GB of Space. If you are looking for more specific information let me know. Its not a dedicated server for I had a bad experience with dedicated servers. (Pixelmon wouldn't even start on them it would just stop.) So yea, anymore info you need?
JOIN THE TEAM