Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Vortorn
#109646 Hmm well thinking from a logical standpoint there are a few things to consider. I believe it would be best to release 3.0 client/server downloads on a Wednesday or Thursday (presumably in February). The reason being that the release will directly effect a lot of people. By releasing it on a Wednesday or Thursday that gives server owners 2-3 days to update their server and move any needed files around before the weekend. Since most places in the world currently have school in session Monday-Friday the weekends will be the focus time of most players which is when they will want to play with their friends. Additionally, releasing on a Wednesday-Thursday will give the Devs a day or so to pull down the download to fix any immediate problems that may arise before the weekend after the release. Now this logic would suggest then that releasing earlier in the week would be best so as to allow servers and devs time to prepare for the weekend rush, but as school is in session Monday-Friday it would not be as wise to release early due to the possibility of distracting students from their work (which could get them in trouble with their parents) and the fact that download numbers would be reduced earlier in the week than later. Since releasing too late wouldn't give the devs and servers time to react to a problem it suggest that the middle of the week would be the best time. So I propose Feb.12/13, Feb. 19/20, Feb. 23/27 as the potential release time.

Whoo logic \o/
Of course now that I posted that it will get released on a Sunday or something XD

-Vortorn

By IdeasMen123
Vortorn wrote:Hmm well thinking from a logical standpoint there are a few things to consider. I believe it would be best to release 3.0 client/server downloads on a Wednesday or Thursday (presumably in February). The reason being that the release will directly effect a lot of people. By releasing it on a Wednesday or Thursday that gives server owners 2-3 days to update their server and move any needed files around before the weekend. Since most places in the world currently have school in session Monday-Friday the weekends will be the focus time of most players which is when they will want to play with their friends. Additionally, releasing on a Wednesday-Thursday will give the Devs a day or so to pull down the download to fix any immediate problems that may arise before the weekend after the release. Now this logic would suggest then that releasing earlier in the week would be best so as to allow servers and devs time to prepare for the weekend rush, but as school is in session Monday-Friday it would not be as wise to release early due to the possibility of distracting students from their work (which could get them in trouble with their parents) and the fact that download numbers would be reduced earlier in the week than later. Since releasing too late wouldn't give the devs and servers time to react to a problem it suggest that the middle of the week would be the best time. So I propose Feb.12/13, Feb. 19/20, Feb. 23/27 as the potential release time.

Whoo logic \o/
Of course now that I posted that it will get released on a Sunday or something XD

-Vortorn

Nah, it'll get released when it's done, they won't wait a specific day.
JOIN THE TEAM