Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Generation_X
#111630 [center]So it's been more than a week, sorry bout that, got caught up in some other stuff. To celebrate the release of 3.0 I only rolled Pokemon that were added in 3.0.

This week we have...
Drapion!

Drapion stands out with his unique typing, workable stat spread, and impressive movepool. Being one of few Pokemon with access to the coveted Toxic Spikes (the only other ones in Pixelmon I can think of off the top of my head are Tentacruel and Beedrill), as well as Pursuit, Roar, and Knock Off, this is a very versatile Pokemon who can run a number of different sets.

Support
Drapion @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Toxic Spikes
-Roar

This set provides valuable Toxic Spikes support, which any Stall team appreciates. Crunch is a good STAB attack when he needs to attack, and Pursuit can be used to trap Gengar. Toxic Spikes is obviously the crux of the set, punishing your opponent for switching and spreading Toxic poison throughout their team. Roar works great in conjunction with Toxic Spikes and allows him to phase out opposing threats.

Choice Band
Drapion @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang/Ice Fang

This Drapion set uses Drapion's unique typing to check opponents such as Mew, Gengar, and Alakazam. Crunch is a good STAB attack that deals a healthy amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Pursuit lets him trap Psychic and Ghost types, and Earthquake gets decent coverage, hitting Steel types like Aggron and Metagrss hard. Thunder Fang is mostly filler but gets an OHKO on Gyarados. Ice Fang can be used instead to hit Dragonite and Salamence.

Checking Drapion isn't very difficult. He has pitiful Special bulk and most strong Special STABs will 2HKO him. He's also not THAT fast and will fall to faster Special attackers. While his physical Defense is decent, he falls to the ubiquitous Earthquake. Worst comes to worse constant U-Turning and Volt Switching will wear him down quickly, as he has no reliable recovery. Rapid Spinners (special mention to Tentacruel for being immune to Toxic Spikes) can Spin away his Toxic Spikes.[/center]
Past weeks
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=13267

By Some Body
Generation_X wrote:Toxic Spikes (the only other ones in Pixelmon I can think of off the top of my head are Tentacruel and Beedrill)

Nidoking/Nidoqueen have it too.
Generation_X wrote:Rapid Spinners (special mention to Tentacruel for being immune to Toxic Spikes) can Spin away his Toxic Spikes

Remember that a Poison type like Tentacruel will absorb Toxic Spikes just by switching in, so Rapid Spin is not necessary in this scenario.

Not tested Pursuit, Roar, or U-turn/Volt Switch in 3.0, and never tested Knock Off at all. If they work as intended, good, but if not, oh well.
JOIN THE TEAM