Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By papachips
#113810 So I've been arranged the position of the normal type gym leader on a pixelmon server. At first I wasn't too happy but after some research I've learned that normal pokemon can be quite nifty :)

I basically need your pokemon knowedge to help me improve my team. Please note that this is not a competitive team, so no ev spreads or natures or none of that stuff. I need move recommendations and what you think of the pokemon.

Miltank- Everyones favorite cow just had to be on my team. I will avenge Whiney >:) I'm thinking of zen headbutt for coverage, body slam, milk drink :P and attract.

Pidgeot- Don't really know what to do for him. U-turn would be handy though.

Snorlax- I don't know about this guy either, but maybe rest and sleep talk. Never used a snorlax before

Blissey- Has massive hp. Softboiled, toxic, don't know about the rest.

Girafarig- Yes, that's right, girafarig. I think it will be unexpected and it could take down any fighting types. Psychic will definetly be in there. I'm aware that it has batton pass, but I don't really know how to use it and if its such a good idea for a non-competitive team.

Porygon Z- Yes, i know you can't get him in the wild, so I convinced the owner to spawn it in. This will be my main attacker, thunderbolt or discharge, signal beam, recover and tri attack.

As you can see my team is far from complete and this is my first time creating a sort of monotype team. I really need help on the movesets since I want to try to annoy my challenger as much as possible with status conditions and health regeneration.

Thanks,

papachips

By Some Body
#113851 Miltank-Return is another option for a Normal-type STAB. If you decide to use it, a super-effective Zen Headbutt will be barely more powerful than it. Earthquake is a better coverage option to hit Steels/Rocks and also hit Gengar/Chandelure.

Pidgeot-Air Slash/Hurricane, Return, U-turn, and Quick Attack/Tailwind are pretty much Pidgeot's only options.

Snorlax-I don't believe Sleep Talk works yet. Once it does, Body Slam/Return and Crunch/Earthquake along with RestTalk. For now, Body Slam/Return, Crunch, Earthquake, and Wild Charge.

Blissey-Protect can further stall Toxic, and Flamethrower hits Steels that are immune to Toxic, while many Poison types are also dual-type Grass or Bug and weak to Fire.

Girafarig-A Baton Pass fix is coming soon, and once it does, Calm Mind can be used with it. Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball are some other offensive options.

Porygon-Z-Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are other coverage options, Nasty Plot/Agility are boosting options. If you're really afraid of Fighting types, Psychic is an option. For Porygon-Z, much more offensive than defensive, Discharge and Recover are less useful. Signal Beam is rather weak and has mediocre coverage.
By happypyro
#113863 Now if you REALLY want to annoy a challenger, you need a Raticate. They can learn the move Super Fang, which halves the opponents HP at the time, so if they're at 50% HP and you use it it bring them down to 25% HP, then it can know Hyper Fang and Double Edge, Hyper Fang if you don't want to take recoil, and Double Edge if you need to take a good chunk of HP out. And Raticate's have decent speed, and can learn an assortment of dark type moves, which would really help with ghost and physic types.
By Some Body
#113866 Don't have both Hyper Fang and Double-Edge at the same time; there's no point in having two similar moves to waste a moveslot. Actually, don't use Hyper Fang at all, as Return is more powerful.
By papachips
Some Body wrote:Miltank-Return is another option for a Normal-type STAB. If you decide to use it, a super-effective Zen Headbutt will be barely more powerful than it. Earthquake is a better coverage option to hit Steels/Rocks and also hit Gengar/Chandelure.

Pidgeot-Air Slash/Hurricane, Return, U-turn, and Quick Attack/Tailwind are pretty much Pidgeot's only options.

Snorlax-I don't believe Sleep Talk works yet. Once it does, Body Slam/Return and Crunch/Earthquake along with RestTalk. For now, Body Slam/Return, Crunch, Earthquake, and Wild Charge.

Blissey-Protect can further stall Toxic, and Flamethrower hits Steels that are immune to Toxic, while many Poison types are also dual-type Grass or Bug and weak to Fire.

Girafarig-A Baton Pass fix is coming soon, and once it does, Calm Mind can be used with it. Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball are some other offensive options.

Porygon-Z-Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are other coverage options, Nasty Plot/Agility are boosting options. If you're really afraid of Fighting types, Psychic is an option. For Porygon-Z, much more offensive than defensive, Discharge and Recover are less useful. Signal Beam is rather weak and has mediocre coverage.

Thanks, this is great help! One question, do you think heavy slam on snorlaz is a good idea instead of body slam or return?
By papachips
happypyro wrote:Now if you REALLY want to annoy a challenger, you need a Raticate. They can learn the move Super Fang, which halves the opponents HP at the time, so if they're at 50% HP and you use it it bring them down to 25% HP, then it can know Hyper Fang and Double Edge, Hyper Fang if you don't want to take recoil, and Double Edge if you need to take a good chunk of HP out. And Raticate's have decent speed, and can learn an assortment of dark type moves, which would really help with ghost and physic types.

This is interesting but I'm sure that one hit on this guy will surely knowck it out. Anyway of going around this? I don't think there's focus sashes right?
By Some Body
#113881 Heavy Slam isn't useful as it's a Steel-type move that lacks STAB. Heavy Slam's maximum power is 120, which is outdamaged by both Body Slam and Return when counting STAB. It's not too reliable either thanks to its power being based on the combatants' weight differences. Its type coverage is also much less useful than Earthquake and Crunch.

There are no Focus Sashes. You're correct that Raticate is very frail and dies easily. If you decide you want Raticate, Super Fang shouldn't be your main offense and should be used against opponents that it otherwise can't hurt very much, like Steel-types or other bulky Pokémon.
By papachips
Some Body wrote:Heavy Slam isn't useful as it's a Steel-type move that lacks STAB. Heavy Slam's maximum power is 120, which is outdamaged by both Body Slam and Return when counting STAB. It's not too reliable either thanks to its power being based on the combatants' weight differences. Its type coverage is also much less useful than Earthquake and Crunch.

There are no Focus Sashes. You're correct that Raticate is very frail and dies easily. If you decide you want Raticate, Super Fang shouldn't be your main offense and should be used against opponents that it otherwise can't hurt very much, like Steel-types or other bulky Pokémon.

Ok, I don't like raticate anyway (I don't think anyone does). Just one more thing, should I replace pidgeot with dodrio or fearow. They get drill peck and they have higher attack and speed than pidgeot. Even if pidgeot does have better defenses, roost doesn't really work so I can't use it on him right? Unless they fix it in the new update.
By Some Body
#113888 Roost is not working at the moment. Pidgeot is pretty much inferior to Dodrio or Fearow as its offenses/movepool are bad and its defenses don't make up for it, so I would recommend making the switch.
By papachips
Some Body wrote:Roost is not working at the moment. Pidgeot is pretty much inferior to Dodrio or Fearow as its offenses/movepool are bad and its defenses don't make up for it, so I would recommend making the switch.

I think I'll stay with pidgeot since I already trained him up and I'm in a tight schedule. What I'll do is probably open up with featherdance, then I'll proceed to either air slash or u-turn. Waiting on that update to see if they fix u-turn.
JOIN THE TEAM