Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By kmatsumari
#115447 First off, Thank you guys for the awesome mod, I feel like playing pkmon is actually fun again (since I can play with friends!). I am taking the precaution of not hijacking the other thread I saw and just starting my own, and will gladly have it deleted after this request is finished.

I am the server, domain, and company owner/admin of Kelina Computers, webdomain kelina-enterprises.com. I am currently working on a few private modded Minecraft servers, and recently a few friends and I have decided to start up a private Pixelmon server. The mods I am including in any of our servers are permitted for us to host already so long as the server remains a free-of-charge server. Our mod packs will *NEVER* be publicly published, and are heavily-encrypted in a winrar archive currently, so only our whitelisted players may extract them (future site designs will use a login system that only allows whitelisted players to access the unencrypted archive). Due to our bandwidth capability, obtaining the current version of each mod in a single location is easier if they are hosted on our fileservers, so we host private mod packs for our servers, and post permissions for each mod, and include the mod pack contents of each pack on our website (mc.kelina-enterprises.com). For our Pixelmon server, The Pixelmon Mod is the only mod of its kind in the pack, among 3 other mods, and a private mod we are currently creating for use with this mod (makes new badges and trophies, no actual interaction with any other mod or plugin).

Phew, sort of got long-winded there! I apologize for that large bit there...

Anyway, now with all that out of the way, I would like to at this time ask the following:

1. Under condition(s) that our mod pack be kept free-of-charge for use, privately distributed, never goes publicly open (i.e. whitelist off, FTB/Tekkit/etc modpack submission; only accessible by application approval), due credit to your team and site(s) with appropriate links, and any other conditions or requirements you may have, may we have permission to host a stable copy for use on our private server in our mod pack?

2. If you do give us permission, would you prefer to either a) ensure the surviving of this thread as proof of our permission to include (we post an image and link to proof of permission), or b) send an email to [email protected] for our permission display page?

3. If you do not wish to grant us this permission, we only wish to know if we may include a link on our MC server website to the page with the current stable build so as to ease the obtaining of the mod? We will never link directly to the file; we only go as far as to link to the host's page where they keep the file download link (basically, your page where you post the download link).

4. Lastly, since we may not actually post a server listing, is permission required to run our Pixelmon server in the manner described in this post without hosting the mod, or is it implied? I only ask these things because there is no posted license of use for this mod nor any posting of whether anyone else is ever permitted to include your mod in a modpack.

The reason we aren't likely to advertise our server is because we expect our server player limits to be filled by our friends, and friends of friends. We are open to the idea of advertising if it becomes necessary or desired, but that is something we are going to deal with when that time comes.

I do sincerely apologize for such a lengthy post, I only wanted to be sure I mentioned everything necessary and left out no room for misinterpretation. On behalf of the Kelina Computers MC team, I thank you for your time for reading and considering this post.

Sincerely,

Kmatsumari

By MrMasochism
#115515 You are welcome to link to our download page. We have strong reasons for wanting people to go through our website to get the mod and for keeping the mod out of modpacks
By kmatsumari
the ToS for Pixelmon (which you agreed to when signing up to the website) should tell you the answers to your questions, it is provided here:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10707

Ah, thats what I was looking for, but that wasn't displayed when I signed up...must have been under a link on the TOS page somewhere. Well, I appreciate your quick replies, and will link to your downloads page. I do understand at least two main reasons why you want to keep your filehost as the only source of your mod, and I do respect that.

Perhaps this TOS link could be linked at the bottom of each page where your copyright as an anchor for anyone else in the future whom does not see it? I did read the conditions of the forums when I signed up, but I do not recall a TOS link of any kind when I registered here, and I am sure there are many others who have not seen it either. I did try googling the License or permissions of use for your mod, but they don't return anything relevant. I'll keep this thread open for a little bit in order to help others locate this information for themselves when searching your forums on these topics.

Thanks again.
JOIN THE TEAM