Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Jack74011
#116268 Hello everyone. I just finished training my Emboar and have tons of TMs from boss fights. I was wondering, what is the best move set-up to have with Emboar? Thanks for the help! :D

By Some Body
#116279 Emboar doesn't have much else. You could attempt to boost with Flame Charge/Bulk Up or surprise something with Will-o-Wisp if you really want to, but that's pretty much it.
By AZTERIX_
#116288 I would also recommend scarfing him and EV training him in attack and speed;) That is if you really want to make him a serious battler.
By Some Body
#116290 Considering it's already an Emboar (can't be found in wild) that has been trained, it's too late to fully invest in Attack/Speed, and the EV spread it currently has is probably unknown.

Scarf is an option, Choice Band with HP/Attack is another option.
By Mikiflyr
#116446 If you want a fighting/fire your better off with infernape. Here is a possible moveset...

Infernape @Choice Band/Choice Scarf
-Mach Punch
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow claw/Acrobatics
EVs: (If you can help it) 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP.
Nature: Adamant/Jolly

This is prob the best set you can run in the current no breeding pixelmon. Choice band makes Infernape hit like a truck, and it already will out speed a lot of the current pixelmon. Mach Punch is for the off chance something will outspeed you. Close Combat is basically your strongest option, and will destroy everything that doesn't resist it. Flare Blitz can be used against the occasional grass type. The last slot is up to you. Acrobatics can be a alternative to grass types, and the occasional Valcanora will fall to an acrobatics. But, Shadow Claw can be used against Gengar and other ghost types, which is why I would recommend that over acrobatics.

The nature is entirely up to you. Adamant can make your Infernape hit like a nuke, but Jolly will minimize the chance of you being outsped. Again, its up to you. I can't recommend one off the top of my head because they're both useful in different situations.

The item is again, up to you. Choice band can be used if you don't fear being outsped as much, and may be recommended if your going to run a Jolly nature. However, Choice Scarf will outspeed every un choice scarfed pokemon in the game, however, it won't hit nearly as hard as it does with a choice band.

Hope I helped ya.
By Some Body
#116465 Shadow Claw and Acrobatics are useless as a neutral Flare Blitz does much more damage than both of them even if they are super-effective. You don't need an "alternative" to Grass-types since Flare Blitz already covers them, and Volcarona/Gengar are both hit harder with Flare Blitz as well. Stone Edge is a more useful coverage move that hits Pokémon like Volcarona, Gyarados, and Salamence.

Mach Punch is redundant if you use Choice Scarf. The most viable alternative would be Earthquake. It won't be used too much, but it's more useful than Mach Punch for a Scarf set.

Once U-turn actually works, it can be used as well.
JOIN THE TEAM