Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Dietrech
#116608 I haven't payed any attention to pokemon abilities so I was just wondering if they are working. For example, Jolteon's ability Volt Absorb helps him restore his health when he is hit with an electric attack.

By nyv
SPG wrote:no

Yeah they don't work, and I doubt they will work any time soon. The battling mechanics have soooo many kinks to iron out before even considering adding abilities. And these battling mechanics that I reference are really not that high a priority either, so don't expect Pokemon Abilities to be added for at least a year.

Something good to add though is I believe there are IVs, EVs and natures that all work fine, so you can still do "competitive battling" to a degree (but only to a degree - there are plenty of obstacles to stop you doing certain things, yet it is still good enough for the basics).
By Some Body
Hiroku wrote:In 3.1 there are 3 dozen abilities at least coming in

Either way, competitive metagames exist for Gen 1 and 2, where there were no abilities, so there's nothing stopping you from having competitive battles; just adjust your strategies and remember that Gengar is hit by Ground moves, Scizor's Bullet Punch is weaker, etc.
By Venusaur
#116747 Sure The New 1.7 Update Is Comming,
They are fixing Lots of errors Maby one of them are the abilities
By MoeBoy76
Venusaur wrote:Sure The New 1.7 Update Is Comming,

i don't know how you can fix something that's not in-game
By SPG
Venusaur wrote:Sure The New 1.7 Update Is Comming,

there is a difference between an error, and it just not being there, hiroku is working on them but 1.7 is a patch, not a 3.1 update, unless mr.m changes his mind, which i hope he doesnt, we need 1.7 fast
By AZTERIX_
#116926 I can't wait for 1.7! The only down side for me is having to abandon my 1.6 worlds:(
JOIN THE TEAM