Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Megadimastic
#122137 In pixelmon moves, it says power. What does that mean? And how do you find how much damage a move does? Thanks all

By Some Body
#122140 A move's power is an indication of how strong the move is. Other multipliers such as type advantages, STAB, critical hits, level, and the combatants' offensive and defensive stats also change how much damage is dealt.

Without type advantages and other modifiers, the damage formula is this:
((((2 × Level) ÷ 5 + 2) * BasePower * [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50 + 2
multiplied by a random number between .85 and 1.

-Level is the attacking Pokémon's level
-BasePower is the power of the move.
-[Sp]Atk is the Attack or Special Attack stat of the attacking Pokémon (depending on the move)
-[Sp]Def is the Defense or Special Defense stat of the defending Pokémon (also depending on the move)

STAB is an extra 1.5x multiplier, while a critical hit is a 2x multiplier.
By Lizzy39632
#122143 Also, if you don't know what STAB (Same-type attack Bonus)is, it is an increase of power from the move that has one of the types of the pokemon itself.

Ex: Roserade using giga drain, instead of 75 power, it will be 115 power.

But there are some pokemon such greninja and kecleon, that can change their typing by selecting any move but they always get STAB.
By Some Body
#122145 We're talking about Pixelmon here. Roserade, Greninja, Kecleon, and Protean all don't exist.

STAB Giga Drain is 112.5 power, not 115.
By Lizzy39632
#122148 Sorry, but this person also seems new to pokemon too.

And also I know it is 112.5, I just like rounding :p

Or maybe I just give people too much advice :??
JOIN THE TEAM