Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Which Breeding method is better for Pokemon?

50%
50%
By bvanseghi
#123060 First off.... I am new here. I only joined with the sole purpose of delivering ideas to the brilliant masterminds behind this mod. If I break a rule, it is by accident and was not intended. Now on to the good stuff.

Idea#1: The game already is STUNNING. That much is clear. But why stop at just what has been created in pokemon? Why not go beyond? Create new items with new purpose (after the main stuff has been finalized)?

Idea#2: Pokémart.
Lets face it. Pokémon isn't pokemon without the old Big blue building. All ya have to do is make it spawn like a pokecenter (Or even implement it INTO the pokecenter), place an NPC in it, make a item interface, introduce currency (obtained from trainers), and then badges that allow acess to new items when they are in your inventory.

Idea#3: Escape rope.
(Sorry if this is already in game.) You're trapped in a cave. The only way out is death, but then you lose your precious items. Or is it? With the escape rope, it will teleport you from whereever you are underground to the surface directly above you. Yay!

Idea#4: Flash (TM).
You are in a cave, have no torches on you, and cant even see your blocky hand in front of you. What do you do? Use flash! Flash illumonates the cave as if you were on the surface. Save torches, no wasting coal or wood!

Idea#5: Berry Trees.
I believe berries should be introduced through trees. Simply replace trees with berry trees. The berry trees spawn whereever trees spawn!

Ideas#6: Deoxys Spawn.
Deoxys... Deoxys should come from a meteorite. The meteorite can spawn ANYWHERE. And.... maybe a new ore? Or maybe the meteor contains the evolution stones? (As a joke, you can make clefairies spawn from the meteor since they "came from outer space".)

Ideas#7: Deoxys Formes.
After you catch Deoxys, 4 Metors will land randomly in the world. When deoxys is released near them, he will change forme. Each meteor changes him to a different forme.

Ideas#8: Darkrai Attacks!
You go to sleep. When you sleep in a bed, there is a SMALL chance you will be teleported to a mini dimension. Within it, Darkrai awaits. You will leave the dimension when darkrai is either captured, defeated, or you are defeated.

Ideas#9: Giratinas world!
What purpose does the end have in Pixelmon? A BLOODY GOOD ONE!!! You can change End Dimension into the Distortion world!!! Simply change the block textures and physics. Sand and gravel float, for example. Giratina flies around like the Enderdragon, but does not attack. To obtain the griseous orb to change giratinas forme, you must climbthe tallest pillar.

Ideas#10: Arceus Spawns!
In order to spawn Arceus, you must have the Azure Flute. The Azure Flute is only obtainable from Boss Battles; A very rare chance. Use the Azure Flute and Arceus will spawn.

Idea#12: Jewel of life?
To obtain the Jewel of Life, you must beat Arceus. The Jewel of Life can be used to instantly grow any plant, and works like bone meal on grass. Since it is indestructable, throwing it in lava will not destroy it and it wont despawn.

Idea#13: Summon Palkia and Dialga.
To summon them, you must obtain the Red Chain. The three legendaries Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie drop Red shard Fragments which are then used to make the Red Chain. The three legendaries spawn randomly. As for Dialga and Palkia, they spawn when you use the red chain. Dialga will appear first. Use the red chain again then Palkia will appear. If both are caught, the red chain will break. (EDIT: As a cool effect, when Dialga is spawned, time should stop. When Palkia spawns, blocks will levitate aroind him, and rain will stop.)

Idea#14: Pokédex Upgrades!
We all love the word "upgrade". It means bigger, and better! Well, Pokédexes should be upgraded to view which region the Pokémon Originates from.

Idea#15: Breeding.
Breeding. We are all familiar with this. But how would it work exactly? Well, you could have it oldschool. Drop off pokemon, pick up the egg and pokemon from them then hatch it. But Minecraft brings new things to the surface. A new method could be releasing two compatible Pokemon from your Pokeballs, then using wheat and BOOM. An egg drops. Which method do you guys prefer?

Hope you guys like my ideas! If you decide to use them, please DO NOT give me credit. I don't like my name put everywhere. Good Luck!

By Mikiflyr
#123063 To be frank, entertaining, but not much else. Darkrai seems a bit of a faulty idea. What if you were sleeping with all or most of your pokemon were fainted, then darkrai spawns? Or maybe you had no poke balls?

Since the end will never be a Pixelmon biome, I don't think Giratina would be implemented that way.

Palkia and Dialga, in my opinion, seem the least faulty. But a few questions. What do you mean by "time stopping?" Do you mean everyone in the radius gets Slowness or something? Palkia seems cool. The only bad thing I can find is that if it spawns near your house, it will most likely get griefed. Maybe only sand or grass/dirt floats?

Arceus is a bad idea because some servers barrier up an area, so players can't go to far out and corrupt the world. Which potentially will mean the coordinate 100 won't be in the area. IMO, pokemon shouldn't have to rely on coords to spawn. Maybe Arceus will get a generated structure, with the unown spawning in that place, but idk. I can almost guarantee the Arceus idea won't be added, and I don't even know any inside plans or work for Pixelmon.

The Jewel of Life seems cool I guess.

I believe the Deoxys idea has been suggested before, and I have always been for that, so meaningless to say, I support both Deoxys ideas.

Berry trees I can disagree with. Maybe berry trees replace a few trees in forests.

Flash is sort of cool. I kind of like the idea, just because of the simplicity of it and how useful it would be.

Escape rope is cool. I know for a fact some plugins operate this way, so I can 100% say this is possible to code.

I believe, about the pokemart, that they are using Gen 5 ideas. I think they have a chance of making it spawn in a Pokecenter. I also don't think the badges will work, simply because A. Gyms aren't introduced yet and B. You may not have space for the badges in your inventory.

So yeah. Hope that may help you.
By bvanseghi
#123065 So you can work around those. The requirements for encountering Darkrai are:
1) You must have at least 1 Pokeball.
2) an open slot in your party.
3) No fainted Pokemon.
Otherwise, you wont encounter him.

If you dont want Palkia to destroy your house, just spawn it away from your house. XD

As for Giratina, Seeing as how the end has NO point, except for the EXP and Dragon Egg, it could be altered to be The Distortion World. I don't see anything bad with that.

For Arceus, there is always Option B. The Azure Flute. You could simply build the Azure Flute and summon him anywhere.

For the Time stopping thing I mean that Everything Freezes, except Pokémon. Trainers Freeze, liquids stay in place, and the sun/moon do not move.

And yes thats what I meant by the Berry trees. They replace trees in forests. But not all of them.
By MoeBoy76
#123153 There's a shiny sub-forum that is displayed on the main page that is for suggestions so i assume you didn't scroll before deciding to post. Anyway, i'm going to skip the legendary ideas crap cos it's mostly planned already, so on to the responses
1. There is already stuff and i'm sure there'll be other stuff that gets added that isn't in the games though anything that is added will likely be related or useful in some way (eg bosses, the trainer editor, etc)
2. There's the money symbol on the inventory screen for money in the future and pokemarts will be added with money but currently other features are higher on the priority list.
3. Nice idea but kind of obvious.
4. Probably possible but maybe not feasible and could cause a lot of lag due to dynamic lights, which minecraft is bad at (if it were done the way i'm thinking)
5. They are most likely going to add trees soon, along with extra berries since there are currently only 2(?)
14. Not entirely sure what you are meaning by this, care to clarify?
15. It was being worked on by one coder but they have disappeared and Mr. Masochism has said he will continue to work on it when he has time &/or motivation/ideas

Feel free to comment on anything i've said and remember this is my objective opinion based on my current knowledge of pixelmon
By bvanseghi
#123156 Apologies: As I said, I am new to the forums. But thanks for the clarification.

But yeah there is only 1 berry, the oran berry, currently obtainable.

Flash, well there are alternatives. For example, instead of lighting up the whole cave, the pokemon using flash gives off a glow stronger than glowstone. Then, whereever the pokemon walks, that area will be permanently illuminated until the player reaches sea level. :D
JOIN THE TEAM