Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By gamerdude16
#125802 Hey guys, I was wondering if I could have a list of the events or variables that have to do with pixelmon specifically. I'm new to coding and I want to code a Bukkit plugin for pixelmon and like say I want to code a plugin to where when you kill a pixelmon, it grants you money using Fe. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fe-economy/ If you guys have any tips, please let me know.

Thanks!

By AnDwHaT5
#125803 You can not port pixelmon to bukkit, however you can make a server side mod using pixelmon and forge.
By MrPolarBearJ
#125818 But no one wants to download mods and install them, as a server owner/player, I want to be able to hop in-game without having to download anymore. Granted it's easy to install the mod, but once you have installed so many mods, it takes forever to load. Take FTB (Feed-The-Beast) for example, 50+ mods, and you sit there for at least a couple of mins waiting. That's why I am glad people want to code plugins for pixelmon, makes life easier for everyone. And I know there are already secret plugins for sale, but those people are greedy, and will only sell rights to them. This is why we need coders willing to spend time coding free plugins, and accept donations, otherwise servers are doom to fail with having so many mods installed. Unless there is someway that the server can make you automatically download the mods, I support people who code plugins for pixelmon, except for the greedy ones, who will only sell it, instead of releasing it to the public.
By gamerdude16
#125820 I thought he said there was no way to create plugins for pixelmon... And if I created a serverside mod, I don't think the player would need to download it? I may be wrong though
By MrPolarBearJ
#125823 You can, and I have seen/heard of pixelmon plugins that private coders do for servers. As for a mod, the player has to install it, just like they have to install pixelmon mod in order to play pixelmon. But I haven't seen a mod that doesn't require the player to have it to play. Except for a few like NBTedit, but that is different.
By AnDwHaT5
MrPolarBearJ » 26 May 2014 12:40 wrote:You can, and I have seen/heard of pixelmon plugins that private coders do for servers. As for a mod, the player has to install it, just like they have to install pixelmon mod in order to play pixelmon. But I haven't seen a mod that doesn't require the player to have it to play. Except for a few like NBTedit, but that is different.

I make serverside mods all the time. And those plugins your talking about contains nothing of the pixelmon source or any events. It just launches pre existing commands, or goes by entitys to manipulate in game things.
By gamerdude16
#125825 Yeah I don't want to mess with the source of pixelmon... Making it to where when a player kills a pixelmon and gains money from it doesn't change the source right? I'm kinda new to this stuff so idk these kinds of things. Also things like coding to make a command that gives a random pokemon too.
By Jephon
#125828 Yea.. I'm confused as to what is being said here. I thought for sure there is an API for him to do exactly what he is asking. Maybe not but..

And in any case, some mods, clients won't need to have in order to play. Examples are nbtedit and that anti poke radar mod.

So.. I dunno what's going on in this topic but I am utterly confused.
By MrPolarBearJ
AnDwHaT5 » 26 May 2014 10:45 wrote:
MrPolarBearJ » 26 May 2014 12:40 wrote:You can, and I have seen/heard of pixelmon plugins that private coders do for servers. As for a mod, the player has to install it, just like they have to install pixelmon mod in order to play pixelmon. But I haven't seen a mod that doesn't require the player to have it to play. Except for a few like NBTedit, but that is different.

I make serverside mods all the time. And those plugins your talking about contains nothing of the pixelmon source or any events. It just launches pre existing commands, or goes by entitys to manipulate in game things.

Yes that is what I meant about plugins. But again about mods, it is inconvenient for players having to install a mod to play on a certain server, while plugins require no download/install on the player's end. I just prefer convenient things, instead of inconvenient things. Although if a plugin does manipulate pixelmon source or any events, is there really anyway you can stop someone from doing that? Just like manipulating the database. I mean technically it seems we aren't allowed to do anything with the mod, people still do. Maybe I should read the ToS/Agreement to check this.

jsnbrown1989 » 26 May 2014 11:37 wrote:Yea.. I'm confused as to what is being said here. I thought for sure there is an API for him to do exactly what he is asking. Maybe not but..

And in any case, some mods, clients won't need to have in order to play. Examples are nbtedit and that anti poke radar mod.

So.. I dunno what's going on in this topic but I am utterly confused.

He is asking if someone could code a plugin to receive money for either winning against a pixelmon, or killing it with a sword I believe. Which is possible. Although we were verifying he didn't want to manipulate the actual pixelmon source code, to make this happen.
JOIN THE TEAM