Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By gamerdude16
#125831 Yeah I don't want to manipulate pixelmon at all. And you talked about an API, how could I use a pixelmon API to help me?

By Jephon
#125832 I believe you have to request the API from Mr M or someone else at the top of the totem pole.

Details have changed a lot since I joined pixelmon on the api
By gamerdude16
#125833 Okay thanks and with the API I am able to create plugins that would allow me to say use a command to give a random pixelmon? Or something that makes the server give money to a player when they defeat a pixelmon?
By Jephon
#125835 That is where my knowledge ends.

I was doing some research for you and it looks like there is a new API being developed but isn't finished. In the topic it said it was supposed to be included in pixelmon 3.1 but with it being as unfinished as it is, I doubt it will make it.

I dunno what to tell you about that.. If there is a new API, that means the hooks you will be using will most likely be changing.

I dunno. Someone who actually codes side mods should hop in here to tell you if it is worth it to start it or wait until the new API is released
By AnDwHaT5
gamerdude16 » 26 May 2014 13:56 wrote:Okay thanks and with the API I am able to create plugins that would allow me to say use a command to give a random pixelmon? Or something that makes the server give money to a player when they defeat a pixelmon?

When the api is released this will be possible. As for now the api is not public yet. Nor is it finished.
By gamerdude16
#125837 If it isn't possible yet, then how are there servers that say they have "Custom Plugins" and they have commands that can give you random pixelmon?
By Isi
#125839 Custom mods, not plugins. The fact that I just had to point that out shows how off the rails this thred is >.>
By gamerdude16
#125842 Sorry I'm just confused by everything that has been said... I've been on servers that have that MOD then but I didn't need to download a mod to play on the server
By Isi
#125844 Not all mods require a client side change.

General rule. Plugin = Bukkit API = Serverside
ForgeMod = Forge API = Client side/Serverside/Both.

Servers that run forge api can only use mods. Servers on craftbukkit/Spigot can only use plugins. MCPC servers use both, though it's considered experimental. And using an MCPC doesn’t mean it's easy to interact the two.
JOIN THE TEAM