Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Some Body
#126103 If you're using Choice Scarf, you want max Speed to outspeed other Choice Scarf users and Pokémon that boost their Speed. Don't use Lonely on Scarf Infernape.

Don't use Shell Bell. Leftovers is better in almost any circumstance, especially if you're running Substitute. Substitute itself is a move you have to be familiar with when to use, like when you're predicting an opponent's switch or status move, or else you're just wasting your HP if your opponent breaks the sub right away.

With lack of Attack investment, your standard max Defense Blissey takes more damage from Focus Blast than from Earthquake, and the only Pokémon Earthquake is useful for is Lanturn. If most people on your server don't know how to EV train then sure (although go with Brick Break if it's for beating Blissey), but otherwise a physical attack won't serve much purpose. It's not really worth it to relocate that many Attack EVs just to beat Blissey, especially when you have physical Fighting-type Pokémon on your team as well, so just go with Substitute or (for Scarf) a filler like Psychic for Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar.

Ninetales (to be frank) is pretty bad. It doesn't have a good movepool to be defensive and its offensive stats are mediocre. It doesn't have Drought either as this is Pixelmon and there aren't any abilities yet (and hidden abilities are probably not in this upcoming update yet).

By Some Body
#126105 Chandelure would be fine with something like:
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Substitute/Calm Mind/Flame Charge/Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split is glitched right now but is possible to use once it's fixed.
By OneCryptickilla
#126106 You are a very kind person. Thank you so much! As for the team so far...

Infernape

Volcarona

Chandelure

Typhlosion

Magmortar

Arcanine

As of now, the team looks set. I need more practice with competitive play to get a better understanding of all of this. I'll create a proper chart in the morning with the finalized version of what I think I'll be doing. If you have any more advice or suggestions anything and everything will continued to be appreciated but again, thank you for all the advice you've given. To everyone who's helped.
By OneCryptickilla
#126194 Ok, progress so far

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Substitute

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 Atk
Timid
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Typhlosion @ ???
Modest
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Toxic / Hidden Power

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 HP
???
-Stone Edge
-Mach Punch
-Earthquake
-Fire Charge

Volcarona @ ???
???
???
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fire Blast
-Psychic

Arcanine @ ???
???
???
-Crunch
-Fire Blitz
-Toxic
-Wild Charge

I have little to no idea how to set up a Volcarona or an Arcanine. The server isn't too competitive but the Gym Leaders and Elite Four are. I just don't want to be blown over.
By Some Body
#126198 Chandelure looks fine.

Magmortar has no use for Earthquake as it's a special attacker. Psychic is probably the most reasonable filler move for that slot. Relocate 4 Atk to 4 HP.

Typhlosion would work best with Choice Specs. If you have NBTedit and can change your Pokémon's IVs, go with Hidden Power Grass/Rock, but if you don't, a proper Hidden Power is very hard to get, so the most useful move would be a desperation Toxic/Will-o-Wisp (you will rarely ever be using this because you have Choice Specs).

Infernape should not be using Flame Charge and Mach Punch with a Choice Scarf as they are redundant. Switch Flame Charge for Flare Blitz and either Mach Punch or Earthquake with Close Combat. Choice Band is another option for your item. Either way, go for a Jolly nature. Invest in Speed instead of Special Defense.

Volcarona is probably best with Leftovers since Life Orb isn't implemented. Invest in SpAtk and Speed with the 4 in either HP or SpDef. Timid or Modest can be used depending on your preference.

Arcanine could either use Choice Band or Leftovers. If using Choice Band, Toxic could be replaced with a filler move like Return. Otherwise, Toxic is okay, as is Will-o-Wisp. You could also go the boosting route with Flame Charge/Agility if you prefer. Go for max Atk/Spd and 4HP as usual, with either an Adamant or Jolly nature.
By Mikiflyr
#126203 If you haven't noticed, Magmortars Atk is 95, which is enough to pack a punch on a lot of people. Magmortars attack is perfectably viable. To put this into consideraton, Magmortars attack is 5 points from Flygons. Earthquake is a perfectably fine more, and Psychic offers poor coverage IMO. The only notable KO I can think of is Gengar (which is going to be seen more when Levitate is introduced) and usually a Fire Blast will manage to kill one.

Also, call me a Choice Scarf fanboy, but I've been using Scarf Chandelure and it's a huge threat. This was actually the set I used on Pokemon Showdown, got a rank of 1600+ in OU matches.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Modest / Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

This set looks strange for many reasons. One that stands out is the Modest nature over Timid. To be frank, Timid is the preferred nature if your server has a bunch of competitive battlers, but the majority of people in Pixelmon aren't that competitive. Knowing this, they are likely to not even use a Scarf, or Scarf something that shouldn't be scarfed in the first place, perhaps maybe with the wrong nature or no EV training. Because of this, you can afford to run Modest, as with a Choice Scarf, Chandelure sits at a comfy 120 speed tier. Timid however, is preferred if you feel like you are facing a lot more choice scarf users then normal.

Fire Blast is the preferred move of this set, dishing out major damage. I'll get to Will-O-Wisp later. Energy ball scores kills on Rhyperior or Golem... pretty much any rock type or water type who would dare come in to wall you. Shadow ball is most likely your secondary option besides Fire Blast, hitting most things that Fire Blast can't.

Now for Will-O-Wisp. Why would you want Will-O-Wisp on a Choiced Poke? Simply put? You might not be able to handle it. Will-O-Wisp is a difficult move to use on ScarfLure, but is amazing if you play it right. Come in on something that you can force a switch on. Your opponent sends in his Salamence, confident to all your attack and OHKO back with EQ. Then, you Will-O-Wisp. IMMEDIATELY switch out to avoid the effects of being locked into Will-O-Wisp. If you know how to play correct switches, this is the move of choice, as it actually is surprisingly useful overall. However, if you feel this move isn't sutiable for you, Psychic can be the final choice, as it really is your only option. You can kill many fighting types with it I guess, but the majority you can easily cripple with Will-O-Wisp. Its really up to you.
By Some Body
#126204 Magmortar's Attack stat is still much lower than its Special Attack, and the gap widens thanks to EVs in Special Attack. I know that Psychic offers poor coverage and won't be used much, but it has more use than Earthquake, being Magmortar's best option against the inevitably common Fire/Fighting starters (Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar), going off the tendencies of many people to keep their starter and the popularity of Blaziken and Infernape. Earthquake has somewhat redundant coverage with Focus Blast and only deals marginally more damage than otherwise possible, even with super-effective hits, thanks to Magmortar's comparatively inferior Attack.

Flygon is not a good comparison. Flygon gains STAB on Earthquake and its Attack is a good deal better than its Special Attack, differing greatly from Magmortar's situation.
By OneCryptickilla
#126206 Ok, the final setup so far. I think its good. Thank you all for the advice. I've read over everything everyone of you guys posted and this is what I believe will be my fire team will be come the next update.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Modest
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Substitute

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Timid
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Modest
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Toxic / Grass Variant Hidden Power

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly
-Stone Edge
-Mach Punch
- Close Combat
-Fire Blitz

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Modest
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fire Blast
-Psychic

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Adamant
-Crunch
-Fire Blitz
-Toxic
-Wild Charge

Final comments? Thank you guys for everything! :D
By Some Body
#126207 For Infernape, Choice Scarf and Mach Punch are redundant together. Either replace Choice Scarf with Choice Band or Mach Punch with Earthquake to fix this. If U-turn is implemented in the next update, that's a viable option as well.

I don't see any other glaring issues, but the best way to fine-tune your team to your liking is to test it in battle and see what you think of it.
JOIN THE TEAM