Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Klinkle
#126424 I've been trying for the past few hours to set up a gym leader, however they always despawn. I've tried using NBTedit to change it so that they persist, but they still despawn, however they spawn exactly where I placed them when I restart my server. So, my question is, is it possible to make it so that a trainer you create through the trainer editor never despawns? And if so, how?

By JamieS1211
#126446 You can also try teleporting however this does not always work. Be EXTREMELY careful when making NPC gym leaders and I would suggest documenting levels, pokemon, moves and reward IDs as some things can go wrong from my experience. You need to be careful of commands to clear lag such as butcher, high intensity action pausing, entity clearing etc. You should also be careful of worldedit in the area as if you trainer falls through a hole in the gym caused by an incorrect worldedit then he or she will be hard to return to where they should be. Other imperfections are instant force battling where after a player wins the NPC force battles automatic. This can be fixed by having engage off. You also need to be careful of moves such as roar as they end a gym battle. Make sure you also have the trainer set to once per minecraft day or players will be unable to challenge them again after short amounts of time or the trainer could de spawn after being attacked if setting is set to once. I should also mention it is wise to have a platform that the gym leader should stand on so that players know where the trainer is because if they are invisible without re-logging or teleporting it could be irritating however if you aim in the correct place you can start a battle by hitting the leader with a pokemon and if you know where they should stand this tactic is much easier as you know where they are meant to be (put in a sign to tell people to do this). Have wonder set to off or you will lose this!
By Mikiflyr
#126582 My own server had a NPC that we regularly used. If it looks like it disappeared, well, it simply didn't. It will usually be invisible. If you throw your pokemon at it, it will usually commence a battle.

A good idea is to build a small alter around the NPC and put it in the StandStill option. This way, the NPC, if it ever turns invisible, is always in the alter, so you can simply throw your pokemon in the alter to battle him.
JOIN THE TEAM