Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Flickerbell
#126426 Hello,

I'm new the Pixelmon and want to know how to host my own server. I do not want to find a server host, or anything like that. If someone can help me out that would be great.

By Rephox
#126427 I would love to help you! Here I will teach you how to set up a MCPC+ server that supports plugins (naturaly since it is MCPC+)
Firstly, download MCPC+
Secondly, download Pixelmon 3.0.4: http://pixelmonmod.com/downloads

Now that you have them you are ready to set up your server! Cool right?
Put your mcpc jar in a folder. For this lets call that folder My Minecraft Server (It can be any name)
Inside there make a folder called mods and put the pixelmon zip inside it.

Make a file called start.bat (In windows you can rightclick inside the folder and hit create new->Text document and then hit Save-As and make the extension .bat)
In start.bat copy and paste
Code: Select alljava -Xmx1G -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar

Replace minecraft_server.jar with the name of your mcpc+ jar. and replace the 1 in -Xmx1G to what you want. It stands for 1 gigabyte of ram. If you want megabytes use -Xms512M or what ever you want.

Run the bat file and the server should start up! Then when its generated you can alter the server properties in the server.properties file at will!

Hope I helped!

~Rephox

Edit: As a sidenote this process works 100% the same if you are using a regular forge jar ^_^
By JamieS1211
Rephox » 02 Jun 2014 01:13 wrote:I would love to help you! Here I will teach you how to set up a MCPC+ server that supports plugins (naturaly since it is MCPC+)
Firstly, download MCPC+

Put your mcpc jar in a folder. For this lets call that folder My Minecraft Server (It can be any name)

Make a file called start.bat (In windows you can rightclick inside the folder and hit create new->Text document and then hit Save-As and make the extension .bat)

Replace minecraft_server.jar with the name of your mcpc+ jar. and replace the 1 in -Xmx1G to what you want. It stands for 1 gigabyte of ram. If you want megabytes use -Xms512M or what ever you want.

Run the bat file and the server should start up! Then when its generated you can alter the server properties in the server.properties file at will!

Hope I helped!

~Rephox

Edit: As a sidenote this process works 100% the same if you are using a regular forge jar ^_^

Well that was simple! I have a 1000 line long start-up program for my servers with it placed into the boot order, suppose that is a bit over the top for most users!

Just a note if you are home hosting you will need to port forward your browser otherwise only client on your LAN will be able to connect via your internal IP or if you are on the computer it is being hosted on feel free to use 127.0.0.1 to connect.
By Rephox
JamieS1211 » 02 Jun 2014 01:00 wrote:
Rephox » 02 Jun 2014 01:13 wrote:I would love to help you! Here I will teach you how to set up a MCPC+ server that supports plugins (naturaly since it is MCPC+)
Firstly, download MCPC+

Hope I helped!

~Rephox

Well that was simple! I have a 1000 line long start-up program for my servers with it placed into the boot order, suppose that is a bit over the top for most users!

Just a note if you are home hosting you will need to port forward your browser otherwise only client on your LAN will be able to connect via your internal IP or if you are on the computer it is being hosted on feel free to use 127.0.0.1 to connect.

You are very much correct on that! If anyone that reads this cant remember 127.0.0.1 like myself at times -_- you can also use :25565 if your port in the server properties is set to that. It will have the same exact effect. You can use logmein hamachi if you don't want to port forward but people do not like using it because it connects your network to theirs and they still cant connect if they don't have it.

Cya later ~Rephox
By JamieS1211
#126522 When you have over 30 rules on port redirection and about 15 sub domains all with some sort of complex obscure record pinging stuff all over your home network some IPs haunt you when your eyes are closed and 127.0.0.1 is un-fortunately there and dose not want to move.
JOIN THE TEAM