Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ACuteBabyKitten
#127035 So i have been wanting to set up a pixelmon server and had some idea's about how i want things to work but i started thinking i don't understand some of how things work already and had some ideas about some mods for pixelmon but don't want to put them in the suggestions tread without knowing they don't already work like that so here are my questions

How do the gym badges work? Are they bound to you after you get them? or could you give them away or lose them?

now to explain why i want to know because the way i want to set up my server is like this

there would be 18 gyms one for each primary type (ie grass, water, fire, ect...) and in several hidden rooms (one room for all the non legendary pokemon from each generation) under neath each gym there is a training/spawning ground for Pokemon with that type (including starters) as their primary type making it easier to catch all your favorites. now to get access to this training ground you need to beat the gym trainer and get the badge because the door will only open if you have the badge

Ok now this question is more about the regular minecraft itself then about the mod but

is it possible to set up doors or gateways that wont let you pass with out a specific preset item? like the gym badges

ok i hope there is enough info here so you guys can answer my questions thank you for taking the time to read and respond

By MrPolarBearJ
#127040 Well there are plugins that can make it so you don't lose badges when you die or items in general. Although I believe if you die in regular minecraft you do lose the badges, unless you have a save inventory on death plugin. I am sure there is one where can specify what they keep tho.

As for the door thing, I believe there is, you can use worldguard, and maybe setup a pressure plate or button that allows them to access the area by giving them permission to it. So like if you beat a gym leader, the door opens up and they can enter, or step on a pressure plate and it sends a command to the console basically adding permission to access an area. I don't know what the plugins are, but I know there has to be at least one out there that does this. Worldguard was just a suggestion, but there may be a better plugin to help with this. Just gotta do some searching on bukkit.

The problem with command blocks, is that you gotta make sure you can only access them. If someone has access to them, they can mess with your server.
By JustRickolo
MrPolarBearJ » 07 Jun 2014 20:47 wrote:Well there are plugins that can make it so you don't lose badges when you die or items in general. Although I believe if you die in regular minecraft you do lose the badges, unless you have a save inventory on death plugin. I am sure there is one where can specify what they keep tho.

As for the door thing, I believe there is, you can use worldguard, and maybe setup a pressure plate or button that allows them to access the area by giving them permission to it. So like if you beat a gym leader, the door opens up and they can enter, or step on a pressure plate and it sends a command to the console basically adding permission to access an area. I don't know what the plugins are, but I know there has to be at least one out there that does this. Worldguard was just a suggestion, but there may be a better plugin to help with this. Just gotta do some searching on bukkit.

The problem with command blocks, is that you gotta make sure you can only access them. If someone has access to them, they can mess with your server.

you can use bedrock and put that arround it, or put it on a secret location.
By ACuteBabyKitten
#127073 So i have been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that while what i want to do seems simple enough but it really is not i swear that if i knew how to code mods i would just make one myself but i cant but i am really having a hard time finding what i want

what i was imaging the permission looked like is this
lock door <door id> <all players> exception player inventory item <Badge id>

something like that but i cant find any thing

also making it so that the badges cant be passed around giving access to someone who has not earned it

one last thing would it be possible to have NPC gym leaders like set up NPC trainers as quest givers and the reward is the gym badge
By JakeLaz
ACuteBabyKitten » 07 Jun 2014 17:57 wrote:So i have been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that while what i want to do seems simple enough but it really is not i swear that if i knew how to code mods i would just make one myself but i cant but i am really having a hard time finding what i want

what i was imaging the permission looked like is this
lock door <door id> <all players> exception player inventory item <Badge id>

something like that but i cant find any thing

also making it so that the badges cant be passed around giving access to someone who has not earned it

one last thing would it be possible to have NPC gym leaders like set up NPC trainers as quest givers and the reward is the gym badge

I was thinking the same thing with the badges for the door and passing, but npc gym leaders are already in the game! Just create a trainer, click the "more" button in the trainer editor page, and enter the gym badge id in the space provided. Hope this awnser a your question!!! :geek: :geek: :geek:
By SpaZMonKeY777
#127170 Here is a really nice Pokemon Gym plugin that has lots of customization options you can use. They just updated recently with some more features as well.

Check it out here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/gymmanagement/

I have been using it on our test server, and it works really well :)
By Cap_Cod
#127467 It's a nice idea. This is how I would do it.
There are many plugins that have it so that you need a certain permission to use things like pressure plates. You could always use something like that so that when the player defeats the gym they gain a rank and are allowed to use the pressure plate or button. You could also use warp signs and regions.

If you could give me a better idea of how you imagined the plugin then I might be able to make it. Or try?..
By bobbanana09
#127485 Or you can always server signs, make it take the badges, warp the player to the gym, and then give the badges back. (Works well for me!)
JOIN THE TEAM