Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By artemismoon
#128840 I have a Mewtwo, Volcarona, Rayquaza, Magnezone, Gengar, Vaporeon and a Mew that I want to EV train. But I don't know what stats I should max for each of them. Can someone help me plz?

By zarzaania
#128851 first of all, make sure that you didn't already fight with them otherwise some Ev points go to lost.

trian your mewtwo in speed and special attack, and also your gengar, volcarona and mew.
for rayquaze you want either special attack or attack depending on the moves you want to use on him, and wither they are special or physical attack moves. an further speed. (although some don't even train speed and they train both special attack and attack if they want moves from both sides)
for magnezone you want special attack, and the second I don't know. it really depends how you want him, but i guess multiple things can work. some just want more speed, but he will still be slower then a lot other pokemons so some just want more deffense.
with vaporeon you really want special attack, but as for the second EV you want, I am not sure. he has good HP and special deffence stats, so putting EVs in that won't be wrong to make him more tanky, but it isn't really his style. some just give him speed, but it still wouldn't be extremely high.

I am not an expert, but this is what I can tell you.
By Some Body
#128854 Assuming standard sets:
-Mewtwo, Volcarona, and Gengar are 252 Special Attack and Speed.
-Rayquaza is 252 Attack and Speed. If you have Fire Blast/Overheat, put the 4 remaining EVs in Special Attack.
-Magnezone is 252 Special Attack, and can also be trained 252 in either HP or Speed (depending on your preference), with the 4 in the other.
-Vaporeon is generally a defensive Pokémon. If you're going the defensive route, 252 HP and Defense is best. If you're going a more offensive route, 252 Defense and Special Attack.
-Mew is so variable that you would need to state what your moves are first to discern anything.
By TheGameAce
Some Body » 28 Jun 2014 12:39 wrote:Assuming standard sets:
-Mewtwo, Volcarona, and Gengar are 252 Special Attack and Speed.
-Rayquaza is 252 Attack and Speed. If you have Fire Blast/Overheat, put the 4 remaining EVs in Special Attack.
-Magnezone is 252 Special Attack, and can also be trained 252 in either HP or Speed (depending on your preference), with the 4 in the other.
-Vaporeon is generally a defensive Pokémon. If you're going the defensive route, 252 HP and Defense is best. If you're going a more offensive route, 252 Defense and Special Attack.
-Mew is so variable that you would need to state what your moves are first to discern anything.

Actually with Magnezone, the best stats are Special Attack and Defense, so you want those at the highest. You also need a speed reducing nature for magnezone, if they add the ability Analytic, which gives a 30% power boost if your pokemon goes last, which can make it pretty nasty.
By Some Body
#128860 Generally, investing in HP improves the general bulkiness of the Pokémon more than investing in a single defensive stat, as HP covers both physical and special attacks. It's better to invest in HP than Defense for Magnezone.

I wouldn't make assumptions about which abilities are being added. Magnezone's main niche is Magnet Pull anyway.
By Mikiflyr
#128862 Defense is not needed because, yeah, what Some Body said about bulk. While you sometimes can tank defensive hits better with EVs in defense, your generally going to want to invest in HP first, then worry about Special Defense and Defense.
JOIN THE TEAM