Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By AxeGarian
#129557 Hi everyone! I've Registered to this Forum today as of the time of this Post. Note: I have no presence on the Minecraft Forum cause Kurse is evil.

I got some questions I could use some help with for various things in both Minecraft & Pixelmon & I figured it'd be better to have them all in one Thread rather than break them up into multiple smaller threads:

1: I've tried out Installing the 64-bit Version of Java & now have that & 32-bit Java on my Computer at the same time... (As I was doin this, I caught my 32-bit one outta date & got it Updated.) how do I tell if Minecraft is using the 64-bit Version of Java now or if it's still using the 32-bit Version? I wanna get the 64-bit Version's superior performance for both my Vanilla & Pixelmon Minecrafting. I'm keeping the 32-bit Version for my Firefox to maintain use of. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

2: I Pixelmoned a bit with a Forge 1.6.4 Profile, (I have it named Pixelmon 3.0) but with this latest Update, I made a new Forge 1.7.2 Profile to run the recent Updated Version of Pixelmon with. (I have it named Pixelmon 3.1) How do I delete the old obsolete Profile? It's extraneous now & I see no reason to bother keeping it.

3: In Creative Mode, is there a way to spawn Pokes in, & if so, how is it done? /spawnmob didn't seem to work.

4: Is it intended for Wild Meowths to jump into water & sit in it & have 0 qualms with this, or is this a bug? :P

Many thanks for your time, & my apologies if any of these questions are outta line. I'm new to these Forums & have surfed them less than an hour thus far as of the time of this Post. *Bows*

Edit: Oops, also, 5: I tried to find info on Sig Pic limits for this Forum, but had no luck. Is my Sig Pic legal & Forum Rule Compliant? Hope it's not outta line. This info needs to be added to the Forum Rules Thread imho.

By Some Body
#129561 I'll wait for someone more technical to answer 1 and 2, but I'll answer the other ones.
3. The command is /pokespawn. More details on what you can do with that are found here.
4. Sounds like normal Minecraft mob behavior, like Pigs and Sheep bobbing around in water.
5. I don't see anything wrong with it.
By SPG
#129563 1. you would have to uninstall java, i dont understand why firefox only gives 32 bit versions out, you could get the "nightly" build, but its not recomended for day to day use, so you could get chrome, but i doubt you want to do that (if there is another solution to this, im not aware of it)
2. http://gyazo.com/d32f2ca206f3e1dc9c1726d86fe88bb6 at the top go to profil editor right click, delete
By xBeksimx
#129566 as spg said you could uninstall firefox. but i would suggest Waterfox. it is a highly supported 64bit port of firefox. everything that you can do on firefox you can do on waterfox.
By TheGameAce
SPG » 01 Jul 2014 15:03 wrote:1. you would have to uninstall java, i dont understand why firefox only gives 32 bit versions out, you could get the "nightly" build, but its not recomended for day to day use, so you could get chrome, but i doubt you want to do that (if there is another solution to this, im not aware of it)
2. http://gyazo.com/d32f2ca206f3e1dc9c1726d86fe88bb6 at the top go to profil editor right click, delete

They only give the option for 32 bit, as 64 bit is exclusive for 64 bit Operating Systems. He would have to have a 64 bit OS before he could get 64 bit java to begin with.
By MoeBoy76
#129609 1. just make sure you are using Mojang's launcher and it will detect that you have a 64-bit environment and use the 64-bit Java, or you could add -d64 to JVM Arguments to your profile if you really want
By AxeGarian
#129693 Many thanks for the info. :D

I'm nervous of the thought of using 3rd party web browsers, & i've never heard of this 'Waterfox'... can this info be vouched for? Though, I like Firefox the most in general, so I dunno if i'm closed to the option of using Waterfox either... Anywhere I can Research this?

Does Minecraft detect & use the 64-bit Java if ya have both the 64-bit & 32-bit Java Installed?

New Question, & I see no point in making a new Thread about it: What are "Mipmaps"? My Rendering in-game in both Vanilla & Pixelmon Minecraft eventually chokes & goes wrong if I have this setting set to anything but 'off'... what does this setting even do?

Many thanks for your time. :)
By Heimdall
AxeGarian » 02 Jul 2014 17:27 wrote:Does Minecraft detect & use the 64-bit Java if ya have both the 64-bit & 32-bit Java Installed?

New Question, & I see no point in making a new Thread about it: What are "Mipmaps"? My Rendering in-game in both Vanilla & Pixelmon Minecraft eventually chokes & goes wrong if I have this setting set to anything but 'off'... what does this setting even do?

Many thanks for your time. :)

The official Minecraft launcher will use 64bit automatically over 32bit you don't have to do anything.

A mipmap is a sequence of textures, each of which is a progressively lower resolution representation of the same image. The height and width of each image, or level, in the mipmap is a power of two smaller than the previous level.

Basically uses lower res textures for further away using less from your gfx card, speeds up rendering times. (Smaller textures equate to less memory usage.) and helps eliminate the moire effect and grainy look of far away textures.
By AxeGarian
#129828 & yet the Mipmap Levels can't be handled... huh... does it do this by transferring load to my CPU? My CPU is only a 2.8 Ghz Quad Core, maybe that's what's not handling the Mipmaps if they're on instead of off?
By Heimdall
#129837 Minecraft is very cpu intensive and not gfx card intensive and very poorly optimised. Minecraft only uses one core of a processor for various reasons and optifine does help spread the load and you may very well see an improvement.

So bottom line is in umodded minecraft its not the amount of cores its the speed of the processor and how much ram you can throw at it that matters.

If you have the ram add more in the launcher profile by changing JVM arguments to -Xmx2G (that being the amount of GB of ram java can use) and use optifine if you are still struggling as I said above this spreads the load of the processor about.
JOIN THE TEAM