Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Murkinstr
#130279 I'm planning on making a side mod for Pixelmon that adds more colorations to Pokemon. (Example: Blue Growlithe, red ampharos, gray tauros, purple rapidash with green flames etc.)

Is this possible?
Is it okay if I make it?
How should I go about with the coding? (As in how does Pixelmon handle shinies-- can I make them spawn like that, but with highly increased rates etc?)
Are there any color combos in specific anyone would like?

I'm ASSUMING I'd just make more folders for each color combo in the texture files and put in the edited textures then have the code it in as selecting randomly from one of the folders each time a pokemon spawns.

By Murkinstr
#130316 Level, white names, not always being enormous, not having a slightly transparent coloration to the body instead of true different color, being able to be caught/traded by trainers. If you'd rather me not make the side mod, let me know and I won't touch anything. I just thought it'd be nice to have various colors instead of always having the usual static colors. It'd devalue shinies on servers that are using the mods (Since, you know-- why have a slightly lighter colored persian if you have have a blue or red one). It's a side mod, afterall-- so I'm not saying people have to download it and use it. Just thought it'd be nice.
By Murkinstr
#130332 Thank you, Mister M!

Edit: Oh! I meant to ask, is there somewhere I can get the PSDs for the textures or do you guys only have pngs? PSDs with layering could make the editing of the colors easier and I could start on getting different colorations down for when the hook's ready.
By trustinlies
#130354 Most of the Pixelmon textures are pretty flat so they are easily divided up into different layers in a psd for recoloring. This idea is awesome and one that our server had thought about before. Let me know how it goes!
By Murkinstr
#130519 Alright! I'll do three or four colorations Wobbuffet and Wynaut since they're probably the easiest to use/test with. Also evolution so I can make sure the texture's color sticks through evolving.
JOIN THE TEAM