Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Legend420
#131120 So I just started playing with this mod yesterday and I liked it, it was much better than I expected it to be.

However I soon realized a big problem. All I had was my level 5 Squirtle when I found a level 42 Venasaur. I decided to throw a pokeball at it just to see what it would look like, knowing that it had absolutely no chance of catching such a high level without doing some damage first. But I was wrong and it was caught on the first attempt!

This really bothered me since anyone who's played the original games would know that it's basically impossible to catch any Pokemon at full health, especially something over level 20. I thought it was a one off but I ended up catching a level 33 haunter straight after that with no problem.

So is it supposed to be like this? Is there any way to make it harder to catch Pokemon or something? Because otherwise it literally sucks all the fun out of the game and puts me off playing it. What's the point in training my Squirtle at all now if I can just go catch a level 50 without even trying?

By Some Body
#131121 You have a sample size of 2. That's not an adequate sample size.

The catch rate formula is exactly as it is in the Pokémon games. You just got lucky with the ~6% chance of catching the Venusaur and the ~12% chance of catching Haunter.

If you still think it takes all the fun out of the game, self-impose limitations on yourself to make it more challenging.
By Legend420
Some Body » 15 Jul 2014 07:37 wrote:You have a sample size of 2. That's not an adequate sample size.

The catch rate formula is exactly as it is in the Pokémon games. You just got lucky with the ~6% chance of catching the Venusaur and the ~12% chance of catching Haunter.

If you still think it takes all the fun out of the game, self-impose limitations on yourself to make it more challenging.

What's sample size? And are you sure it's the same? Can servers set their own catch rates or something because it just seems too unlikely that that I could really be that lucky.
JOIN THE TEAM