Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By JamieS1211
#131870 I don't know any other way to prevent throwing out pokemon, that is why I suggested spawners. If you look in the pixelmon database you should be able to find the spawn rates of pokemon in each biome and then make pixelmon spawners in a grid with one spawner per chunk and the spawns set to the default wild spawns for that chunk type. I don't think you are going to find a straight solution, my round the houses one should work for you if you need though.

By Smiddy1488
#131886 My only reason for thinking it could work is because if I use for example the latest griefprevention, people can't attack pokemon in claims that they're not trusted in, but they spawn naturally so I was thinking I'd be able to re-create something similar but only for the safari region.
By JamieS1211
#132098 I would give it a go anyway. Prolems will arise as plugins for protection such as this grief protection plugin and worldguard are not made with mods like pixelmon in mind and its kinda chance how every this works together when its all shaken up. The best thing you can do is experiment untill you find something that works.
By Ren
Smiddy1488 » July 19th, 2014, 11:41 am wrote:My only reason for thinking it could work is because if I use for example the latest griefprevention, people can't attack pokemon in claims that they're not trusted in, but they spawn naturally so I was thinking I'd be able to re-create something similar but only for the safari region.

Grief perventions config.yml has an option to "Protect Animals - FALSE"
This will allow you to fight pokemon even on claimed land.
By Smiddy1488
RenHax » 20 Jul 2014 14:13 wrote:
Smiddy1488 » July 19th, 2014, 11:41 am wrote:My only reason for thinking it could work is because if I use for example the latest griefprevention, people can't attack pokemon in claims that they're not trusted in, but they spawn naturally so I was thinking I'd be able to re-create something similar but only for the safari region.

Grief perventions config.yml has an option to "Protect Animals - FALSE"
This will allow you to fight pokemon even on claimed land.

My problem isn't that I need people to be able to attack pokemon.

My problem is that I have a world in which I want people to be able to attack pokemon anywhere, but within that world I have a safarizone in which I don't want people to be able to attack the Pokemon there, so they have to catch them with safari balls outside of battle.

Using flags with worldguard means that I can stop people attacking pokemon within a certain zone, but it also means that pokemon don't spawn there at all naturally, or even if I use /pokespawn

I mentioned grief prevention as the updated version makes it so that you can only attack pokemon when you're trusted within the claim, which is sort of what I want... but only in a specific area i.e. my safari zone.
By Smiddy1488
#134594 Ok, so I've came to terms with the fact I won't be able to have pokemon spawn naturally and have people not be able to attack them.

Now, I will happily use Pixelmon spawners as I more thoroughly understand them now. But my problem now is, I still need it so people either cannot battle the pokemon or cannot throw theirs out.

If I deny mobspawning, when people throw out their Pokemon, it's invisible, and if there IS a pokemon there, that pokemon one hits all of their pokemon regardless of the move used (which works fine too).

My only problem is, it seems with mobspawn deny, not only does it stop people from throwing their pokemon, but it also seems to stop pokemon spawning with /pokespawn or pixelmon spawners too.

Any ideas?

-edit-

Also, out of curiosity, I was going to for example with each biome take a look at the wiki, see what spawns there and add each pokemon to the pixelmon spawner, but the rarity confuses me. Does anyone have a guide on how rare they should be, or would it be in the database?
JOIN THE TEAM