Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By TammyDanny
#133401 First of all, I apologize if this isn't the right part of the forums to ask for some help. I don't think this question should be bothered by the people who should be fixing more important and/or complicated problems.
Alright, so this is my problem. How can I run Pixelmon (3.1.4) run as smooth as possible?
I've played version 2.0+ before, and I was in good enough conditions to be able to enjoy it, but with this version; I can't enjoy playing Pixelmon because it lags too much for me (around 10 fps). I've tried everything: Optifine, more RAM into Minecraft, play with low-res settings, everything... What can I do now?
Thanks in advance! :)
P.S. It would be nice know the minimum requirements to play Pixelmon 3.0+, because I want to know if my computer can handle it. Thanks again! :)

By XRECKXIMPACT
#133417 Going along with the specs, if you are on a multiplayer server, you should expect a good amount of your fps to drop due to all the entities loaded on the map. Entities include the apricorn trees, pokemon, etc. When you look at a mass amount of them, your fps will drop significantly.
By TammyDanny
Xenofo9 » 29 Jul 2014 15:54 wrote:What are your system specs? I run an average of 110 fps, sometimes I get way more though...

Edit: also is this multiplayer or singleplayer?

xBeksimx wrote:As Xenofo9 stated. Your pc specs will help us determine how to set it up for you the best way.

XRECKXIMPACT wrote:Going along with the specs, if you are on a multiplayer server, you should expect a good amount of your fps to drop due to all the entities loaded on the map. Entities include the apricorn trees, pokemon, etc. When you look at a mass amount of them, your fps will drop significantly.

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't expect people to answer that quickly. :P lol
Let's see...mah specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2365M CPU @ 1.40GHz
RAM: 4GB
System Type: 64-bit Windows 8.1
By AccountIsDeletedOkay
TammyDanny » 29 Jul 2014 19:05 wrote:
Xenofo9 » 29 Jul 2014 15:54 wrote:What are your system specs? I run an average of 110 fps, sometimes I get way more though...

xBeksimx wrote:As Xenofo9 stated. Your pc specs will help us determine how to set it up for you the best way.

XRECKXIMPACT wrote:Going along with the specs, if you are on a multiplayer server, you should expect a good amount of your fps to drop due to all the entities loaded on the map. Entities include the apricorn trees, pokemon, etc. When you look at a mass amount of them, your fps will drop significantly.

Let's see...mah specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2365M CPU @ 1.40GHz Ewwwwwww... 1.40GHz
RAM: 4GB- Meh could be worse
windows... EIGHT!? BLASPHEMY
By TammyDanny
Xenofo9 » 29 Jul 2014 18:09 wrote:

Let's see...mah specs:

Is It something wrong? :P lol. idk what's going on how...
By xBeksimx
Xenofo9 » 29 Jul 2014 16:09 wrote:

Let's see...mah specs:

Wow I'm on Windows 8 sir and I rather like it so :P lol, As to your specs. I feel confident in saying your processor is definitely the contributing factor in your poor performance with the mod. Most games now days require twice that in CPU power.
By AccountIsDeletedOkay
#133435 [Screwed up quotes]
Wow I'm on Windows 8 sir and I rather like it so :P lol, As to your specs. I feel confident in saying your processor is definitely the contributing factor in your poor performance with the mod. Most games now days require twice that in CPU power

Just a joke man, I've just found windows 8 too annoying with the touchscreen and over-organization... I personally run windows 7 but I think 8 is fine... Saving up like 2k to build a gaming computer, waiting for windows 9, hopefully it will shrek all of the other windows...es :P
By TammyDanny
Xenofo9 » 29 Jul 2014 18:46 wrote:[Screwed up quotes]
Wow I'm on Windows 8 sir and I rather like it so :P lol, As to your specs. I feel confident in saying your processor is definitely the contributing factor in your poor performance with the mod. Most games now days require twice that in CPU power

Just a joke man, I've just found windows 8 too annoying with the touchscreen and over-organization... I personally run windows 7 but I think 8 is fine... Saving up like 2k to build a gaming computer, waiting for windows 9, hopefully it will shrek all of the other windows...es :P

So, basically, I need a new and better computer. I'm still a teen and I've only got like $15 dollars saved up XD. Oh well, guess I'm gonna have to wait. :)
JOIN THE TEAM