Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By LordDoodel
#133690 It seems that when I run 3.2.1, Lucario has a very smooth appearance with no polygons
while its prior evolution Riolu has polygons.
They both look absolutely amazing but it's bothering me somewhat. Any ideas?
Attachments
2014-08-01_16.37.35.png
2014-08-01_16.37.35.png (233.55 KiB) Viewed 969 times

By Caitcon
#133696 They still have polys. Correct me if im wrong but I think they have smooth lighting on (Im sorta a noob to that kind of stuff)
By JustRickolo
Caitcon » 01 Aug 2014 23:04 wrote:They still have polys. Correct me if im wrong but I think they have smooth lighting on (Im sorta a noob to that kind of stuff)

Of course they have poll's, how can a model don't have polls? :?:
By SPG
#133725 they have something called soft normals, making them look smoother then what they really are, some people in the modeling team dont like it much either, if i recall correctly we'll have a poll touching on the subject soon
By trustinlies
SPG » 01 Aug 2014 16:36 wrote:they have something called soft normals, making them look smoother then what they really are, some people in the modeling team dont like it much either, if i recall correctly we'll have a poll touching on the subject soon

As someone used to doing high quality 3D models and animation I personally like the soft normals (takes it that extra step closer to the "real" thing). Would that be something you could have a config option for or is it hard coded?
By SPG
trustinlies » August 2nd, 2014, 1:23 am wrote:
SPG » 01 Aug 2014 16:36 wrote:they have something called soft normals, making them look smoother then what they really are, some people in the modeling team dont like it much either, if i recall correctly we'll have a poll touching on the subject soon

As someone used to doing high quality 3D models and animation I personally like the soft normals (takes it that extra step closer to the "real" thing). Would that be something you could have a config option for or is it hard coded?

its all hard coded, so we cant give the option to the users to switch between them
yes it looks nice, i will never deny that
but there is also the argument it looks even more out of place then what the models do to start with
the second argument is flawed in many ways, best solution to that would be to play pokecube lol

anyways, we'll have a poll and see which the users liek mroe, the smoothness like lucario (and wailord if you saw me post that on twitter which i doubt) or the "blockiness" of riolu and everything else
JOIN THE TEAM