Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By OneCryptickilla
#133780 Ok, Competitive teams. My current build for my lvl 100 team is Dragonite, Jolteon, Metagross, Starmie, Blissey, and Gengar. If I make a lvl 50 team for a 3v3 tournament, is it a good idea to go Jolteon, Blissey, Gengar? Or should I rebuild an entirely new team and if so, what pokemon do you think work well together? I think I'll stick with Blissey regardless what I do xD

By Some Body
#133781 Jolteon and Gengar are quite similar, being fast and frail special attackers. You have a Blissey yourself so you may realize that both of these special attackers are completely walled by opposing Blissey. You may want to replace one of them with a physical attacker like Dragonite or Metagross to cover more threats.
By OneCryptickilla
#133783 Im limited by the lvl 50. Dragonite was my first choice Dx and is Metagross' movepool good enough at lvl 50 to work? Also could Salamance or Flygon work as valid replacements at lvl 50?
By Some Body
#133822 Metagross doesn't lose out on anything by being level 50 besides Iron Defense (which isn't useful)

Between the dragons, I'll list some of their differences:
-Dragonite: Multiscale and better defensive stats make it the best at taking hits. However, the level cap makes Dragon Dance and Outrage unavailable and it's also slower than the other two. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt allows it to hit specific threats if necessary such as Gliscor and Gyarados.
-Salamence: You have a choice between Intimidate and Moxie, both useful abilities. Salamence is also faster and has a higher Special Attack for a more powerful Fire Blast.
-Flygon: Better defensive typing leaves it immune to Electric and resistant to Rock, and Levitate makes it immune to Ground like the others. It also gains STAB on Earthquake whereas the other two dragons don't have useful Flying STAB. It also has U-turn if that's something you're interested in. Its Speed is the same as Salamence's. However, it's quite a bit weaker (both physical and special) than the other two dragons.
By OneCryptickilla
#133943 I've been thinking it over and I think I'll go with Salamance Metagross and Jolteon, assuming I can get Jolteon with hidden power ice, or Aero acrylic Metagross Jolteon.

Metagross would be built as a physical wall. I don't know metagross very well so I don't know what moves, nature, or ev spread I should go for. I just know he's extremely bulky xD

Jolteon, Modest, 252 Spe 252 Spa 4 HP
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Ice
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Infernape, Jolly, 252 Spe 252 At 4 HP
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire punch

Is this a good team? Any suggestions as always is appreciated. Was the old team better? Is it wise to run two walls instead, like a Blissey and a Metagross?
By JamieS1211
#133962 Just as a notice I have never done real competitive battling and have not played the acutal pokemon game for 11 years. 2003 was the good years! Anyway My team for 3x3 lv50 is below. I will also explain how that spreadsheet works below the images!

How it works -
Utility is a compound of accuracy and power to show moves that on average deal X power. It is simply = (power x x accuracy)/100

On the left the colouring of the boxes show if you have a super effective move. Green shows you have at least a super effective move. If you only have normal effective and not very effective moves it will be hilighed red. To the right of that It will tell you the moves type that is super effective (in green box) and what is not very effective in red box. If a move type is in a red box and black text it does 0 damage.

Back to the left and now its about the colouring of the text itself. This only apply to the far left column with all types. Black text means they are not natively super effective or ineffective against you. Red text they are super effective against you and green your typing is super effective against theirs.

That should explain it all. Let me know what you think.

BTW Salamance EVd in attack and speed, Lapras EVd in defence and HP and metagross Attack and defence.
By Some Body
#133970 I'm not really sure what you're asking since you're talking about Salamence/Metagross/Jolteon and suddenly throw in Infernape. Either way, be wary of your double Ground weakness.

Metagross isn't a wall. It's a physically attacking tank that should be offensive.

Modest Jolteon will be outsped and OHKOed by Jolly Aerodactyl whereas Jolly Jolteon will speed tie. If you want the extra power then go for it, but just keep it in mind.

I would mostly go with what Jamie said for Metagross, but use only one of Earthquake/Hammer Arm and replace the other with Bullet Punch or (the currently bugged 80 power priority move) Pursuit.

Running two walls is up to you, but once again Metagross is not a wall.

Salamence's alternate coverage options (besides Brick Break/Crunch) include Fire Blast and Stone Edge. All of these moves hit specific threats and will not be needed in most other situations.

Lapras shouldn't be running Dive. Stalling out in hopes of confusion isn't that best strategy in this case and it's better to just use Surf. Confuse Ray itself has limited use and Thunderbolt would serve it better.
By JamieS1211
Some Body » 04 Aug 2014 11:20 wrote:I'm not really sure what you're asking since you're talking about Salamence/Metagross/Jolteon and suddenly throw in Infernape. Either way, be wary of your double Ground weakness.

Metagross isn't a wall. It's a physically attacking tank that should be offensive.

Modest Jolteon will be outsped and OHKOed by Jolly Aerodactyl whereas Jolly Jolteon will speed tie. If you want the extra power then go for it, but just keep it in mind.

I would mostly go with what Jamie said for Metagross, but use only one of Earthquake/Hammer Arm and replace the other with Bullet Punch or (the currently bugged 80 power priority move) Pursuit.

Running two walls is up to you, but once again Metagross is not a wall.

Salamence's alternate coverage options (besides Brick Break/Crunch) include Fire Blast and Stone Edge. All of these moves hit specific threats and will not be needed in most other situations.

Lapras shouldn't be running Dive. Stalling out in hopes of confusion isn't that best strategy in this case and it's better to just use Surf. Confuse Ray itself has limited use and Thunderbolt would serve it better.

Yeah, didn't have a surf HM to give to lapras but I did have dive so figured it was the next best thing!
By OneCryptickilla
#134059 Alot of the advice I liked, but I decided to build a different team. Aerodactyle, Infernape, Alakazam. All ev trained in speed, Alakazam timid with special attack ev's and energy ball, psychic, shadow ball, and focus blast. Aerodactyle jolly with attack ev's and stone edge, earthquake, thunder fang, and hone claws. Infernape Naive with ev's in attack 180 and special attack 76. His moves are much punch, close combat, overheat, and uturn. He would be my lead. What do you guys think? I havnt seen much a problem with it for a 50's format in pixelmon.
JOIN THE TEAM