Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By floh22
Quakthorn2 » 10 Aug 2014 16:41 wrote:How about Swords of Justice?

IP: swordsofjustice.twilightparadox.com:25630

Web: kon-soj.enjin.com

We are 1.7.10, following EULA & Survival/Adventure (Adv still WIP)

That mcMMO pack though. Thats not what I would call following the EULA.

The Point im trying to make is... who cares? A server needs money to survive and its definetly not going to do that with donations without perks,

By joomonkey
floh22 » 10 Aug 2014 17:21 wrote:

The Point im trying to make is... who cares? A server needs money to survive and its definitely not going to do that with donations without perks,

I care my point is that a server shouldn't be out just to piggy back off of something they didn't create to begin with.
if you dont have enough money to survive off of selling cosmetics shut it down. I respect mojang enough to follow there wishes for the game they made in the first place but if you don't have the character to do that i wouldn't want to play on your server anyways. as for the people who sell pokemon that just a blatant rip off and it goes against not only the mojang EULA but the pixelmon EULA as well i believe (not sure about this so i could be wrong) but even if i am wrong as far as ive read the pixelmon team fully supports the mojang EULA so not only are you going against the creators wishes your going against the mod creators wishes and that is just wrong so i view anyone who breaks either of there EULA as a morally bankrupt person and would never play on there server.

edit: i take back the part where i said the pixelmon devs where against you selling pokemon upon reading there terms of use again
By joomonkey
Vikerus » 10 Aug 2014 15:37 wrote:
joomonkey » 10 Aug 2014 11:37 wrote:how so have things not changed? also i would like to see your website if you have one

edit: nvm i found your website and as its not EULA compliant i refuse to play on it

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=16986&p=133756#p133756
Please read this. Try to understand what is really going on. The EULA is abusive to us creating content. While your stance I respect. Perhaps you should see the other side to this.

could you please supply another link or reply with what that topic originally stated because it says the topic has been deleted.
By KuroMakai
#134880 I'll make something known here. Minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 do not have the updated EULA and therefore Pixelmon follows that one. In those versions pixelmon can still be sold. However, in 1.7.10 with the new EULA agreement, Pixelmon is saying no to Pokemon and any and all items from the mod are not to be sold. There are creative ways to still provide an unique service without selling pokemon. Create your own custom cosmetic things like my server has. The new Mojang EULA says you either agree or don't play, Vikerus.
By Quakthorn2
floh22 » 10 Aug 2014 18:21 wrote:

The Point im trying to make is... who cares? A server needs money to survive and its definetly not going to do that with donations without perks,

The EULA states that all players have equal rights on a server. the McMMO packs give the boost to all players, not just the donor, so therefore it follows the EULA. Just because a server has a donor store does not automatically make it going against the EULA.

It appears that you are not actually looking for a server, just to slap around servers looking for a new player to join their server and have fun.

Good luck finding a server that doesn't ask for some kind of donation to help keep their doors open for players.
By KuroMakai
#134895 I was going to quote you, but it took way too much space. Allow me to point out the things in that store that are against EULA

1) All things donor tag -except- for Trainer
2) The entire PokeMail section
3) Ancient Temple
By joomonkey
Quakthorn2 » 10 Aug 2014 20:17 wrote:
floh22 » 10 Aug 2014 18:21 wrote:

The EULA states that all players have equal rights on a server. the McMMO packs give the boost to all players, not just the donor, so therefore it follows the EULA. Just because a server has a donor store does not automatically make it going against the EULA.

It appears that you are not actually looking for a server, just to slap around servers looking for a new player to join their server and have fun.

Good luck finding a server that doesn't ask for some kind of donation to help keep their doors open for players.

no one here was looking for a server but me so you have that twisted. also i have looked at your donor store and you do have ranks that are not in line with the EULA unless your planning to remove those some time soon
By Quakthorn2
#134914 What rank would that be?

All my ranks only give costmetic items only, if you were to take a look. Fireworks and Suffix Tags are completely okay with the EULA. The VIP rank is also still within the EULA as well since it only provides 30 days of full server access, which again, is allowed.

Give the ranks a full look over and tell me where you see a breach of the EULA.
By Quakthorn2
KuroMakai » 10 Aug 2014 21:26 wrote:I was going to quote you, but it took way too much space. Allow me to point out the things in that store that are against EULA

1) All things donor tag -except- for Trainer
2) The entire PokeMail section
3) Ancient Temple

1) All ranks only provide a kit that only contains 64 custom made fireworks (Fireworks were on the list of allowed costmetic items.

2) Pokemail, again, is costemtic and does nothing to alter the game.

3) Temple Blocks are, as I said before, costemtic, only to expand the design of builds. They in no way provide players with an unfair advantage.

Anything else you want to try and punch holes in?
By KuroMakai
#134918 Yes, the Pixelmon EULA states you will not sell anything from the pixelmon mod itself. That includes the mail and the temple bricks. As for the team kits, I'd highly recommend saying what the kit actually gives versus just saying they get a kit.
JOIN THE TEAM