Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By joomonkey
Quakthorn2 » 11 Aug 2014 03:46 wrote:What rank would that be?

All my ranks only give costmetic items only, if you were to take a look. Fireworks and Suffix Tags are completely okay with the EULA. The VIP rank is also still within the EULA as well since it only provides 30 days of full server access, which again, is allowed.

Give the ranks a full look over and tell me where you see a breach of the EULA.

ok i do apologize I had a couple of drinks in me at the last point after reviewing them again I cant say definitively whether they break the EULA or not so i redact my last statement but you may want to put what each kit gives you on there as its is unclear

By Quakthorn2
#135050 Since when did pixelmon block the sales of costemic items from pixelmon? I thought they following suit like mojang.
By Skullking210
#135059 Aye in much the same way of giving out something like a kit with enchanted diamonds swords, you cannot give out anything that would be beneficial to the progression of a player such as building blocks, healing stations, potions, etc... However I didn't think Mojang's EULA extended itself to mods, but if it did, then this would include Pixelmon features as well, without even having to go into Pixelmon's EULA. Meaning any perks that would help progress the player such as shiny Pixelmon, pokeballs of any sort, or even armor are prevented from use in vip packages. I do believe it also restricts you from giving permissions like warp, tp etc... So finding an EULA compliant server is going to be much more challenging than you would expect, especially for PIxelmon servers. :/
By KuroMakai
#135062 Shiny actually has no gameplay differentials. It truly is a cosmetic feature. Mods are covered under Mojang's EULA and Pixelmon backs it 100%.
By Skullking210
#135066 Perhaps you're right about shinies being cosmetic but you are still giving away a Pixelmon to a player, so instead of crafting pokeballs you're giving them the pokemon. I can see how it could work if you could code it for anyone who pays before joining to get only shinies at the starter menu, but that's not very practical. Either way, finding a EULA compliant server that also runs pixelmon will be a 1/30ish chance
By Quakthorn2
Skullking210 » 12 Aug 2014 12:11 wrote:Perhaps you're right about shinies being cosmetic but you are still giving away a Pixelmon to a player, so instead of crafting pokeballs you're giving them the pokemon. I can see how it could work if you could code it for anyone who pays before joining to get only shinies at the starter menu, but that's not very practical. Either way, finding a EULA compliant server that also runs pixelmon will be a 1/30ish chance

We don't give Pokemon away. By using NBTedit, we change the data of a chosen Pokemon so that renders as a shiny. As they have said, doing shiny conversions is completely costemic so it's allowed. I have moved the Temple Blocks to our Credit shop (Credits are earned by voting so no irl cash needed and follows the EULA now)

But please explain to me how selling the Pokemails is against the EULA. It provides no benefit to anyone.
By Kuwoobie
#135123 I had absolutely nothing constructive to say, yay me!
By KuroMakai
Kuwoobie » 12 Aug 2014 20:18 wrote:I had absolutely nothing constructive to say, yay me!

Yay you indeed. Also, your entire donation store is against not just Mojang, but Pixelmon EULAs. Should probably fix that before throwing stones.

As for Thorn, glad to see the changes. I'm not getting on your case, I'm trying to help you be what you say :) As for the mail, it's because its still a pixelmon mod item.
By joomonkey
KuroMakai » 12 Aug 2014 20:24 wrote:
Kuwoobie » 12 Aug 2014 20:18 wrote:I had absolutely nothing constructive to say, yay me!

Yay you indeed. Also, your entire donation store is against not just Mojang, but Pixelmon EULAs. Should probably fix that before throwing stones.

As for Thorn, glad to see the changes. I'm not getting on your case, I'm trying to help you be what you say :) As for the mail, it's because its still a pixelmon mod item.

well a viable workaround would be to give all players a basic form of mail and if they want to buy the other kind they just trade in there basic for that kind making it perfectly fine as it wouldnt help progression just like fireworks
JOIN THE TEAM