Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By Frenk
#135368 I realize to people's understanding, enjin points are technically not in-game MC currency, and is a separate party.
If this is not compliant with the recently (apparently) enforced Mojang EULA, then it would be a good idea to not have the top showcased servers, directed from this forum, be there in the first place. It makes starting servers feel like it's okay, allowed and acceptable to base a store loosely the way they have it, which is to have players buy Enjin or other credit, and then use those credit to purchase in-game ranks and kits.

Another thing I'm having trouble grasping is the pay-to-win aspect. Everything is available in-game to all players, but donation packages just expedite reaching "endgame," but I digress. It's another topic altogether.
By bobbanana09
#135373 Let me get this straight - you know you cannot sell enjin points for real money correct? If you're saying that people can earn these points in game and you are not selling them it is fine, but you cant sell enjin points because it gives an advantage.

Is that what you're saying?
By Frenk
#135374 What I'm saying is that a vast majority of servers I've seen on that pixelmonlist.com site has it so that their ranks (which include certain pokemon, in-game money, non-cosmetic perks, etc) are now point-only purchases, and enjin points are being sold for hard currency. If that is a breach of Mojang's EULA, then it isn't a good idea that they're advertised the way they are because they are non-compliant servers. If you cannot sell enjin points for real money in the first place, why are these more populated servers not being told as such? They have stated in disclaimers that it is not a breach of the Mojang EULA and abide by Pixelmon's right permissions.

In my case, the shop is a touchy thing and I want to clarify what can and can't be made available on my donation store. As it is, via the link I've provided to my server site, I have nothing but cosmetic player perks (i.e. access to /nick, /chat color, /hat, etc) and pixelmon cosmetic perks which are size change and the option to change the user's pixelmon's skin to a shiny variant. I created the point shop in the event that it was legal and possible, but currently have it disabled because I am unsure it is even allowed.

With how vague things are, it is near impossible to go about things without stepping on toes, and I would just like some light shed on gray areas.
JOIN THE TEAM