Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Frenk
#135216 Hello, I have been planning on making a pixelmon server for a while now. My staff and I have created a spawn and eight towns, all connected already, so the structure of gyms is safe. Plans on sub-towns are underway. There is also an enjin website linked to the server already. I have opened early access for a select few to test commands and permissions. I only have a couple questions before I progress with the opening stage.

1) I was looking through the ToS and looking elsewhere for clues as to what permissions I'd need to disable the fully evolved form of each starter pokemon and certain others (such as Metagross). Would I need specific permissions to do so? If so, would someone have to edit the database to make it happen?

2) I've been trying to keep up with the EULA enforcement + Pixelmon's standing on items going up in stores. I've looked through various server websites (not only pixelmon, but factions, prisons, etc) and noticed that ranks have just remained for the most part, the only difference being a sort of loophole (if you could call it that) where users purchase points to be used to purchase respective ranks and kits. Is this legal/advised? I only have cosmetic items such as /hat, /nick, chat.color, etc. and I want to be sure it's a stable thing before I release it post-beta.

Appreciate any helpful response and if I'm doing anything wrong, skipped a stage I shouldn't have before doing this, please let me know. First server, new at this.

By KuroMakai
#135225 To answer your first question, I think you were wanting to disable riding and flying of the starters and Metagross? If you want to mass disable this feature, it's in the main pixelmon.cfg file. If you want to edit a few, you will have to go through the database and make the changes yourself.

Secondly, to be completely EULA compliant, I can walk you through what is allowed and is not, since I've noticed not many are in a rush to do so. All items, whether created by Mojang or a Mod, cannot be sold for hard currency (real money), however they can be sold for soft currency (in-game or points). You -CANNOT- sell soft currency for hard currency under Mojang's EULA. Our mod's wish is that all pixelmon not be sold either, as if they were items and follow those same rules. Ranks are allowed, as long as they follow those before mentioned rules. However, you can't give /pokeheal to donators as it does effect gameplay.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reply and either the support staff or myself will answer.
By Frenk
#135237 Thanks for the reply! To clarify, the spawning of the final evolution of certain Pokemon feels foreign. Studying the drops in 3.1.4 (which I've established my server to be), there are certain Pokemon evolutions and drops (like blaze rods) I wish to restrict on the server. I do not wish to disable entire Pokemon lines, just disable spawning of their final evolutions. If this is frowned upon, I will understand and work around it another way.

A walkthrough of what to set up on my server store would be great. ATM, I have monthly purchases for chat commands and prefixes, as well as the option to change the texture of the Pokemon to a shiny variant and size changes. I am unsure if I'm allowed to post my server website, but if I am, I will provide it.
By bobbanana09
#135242 Well, you can edit the database to stop final evolutions from spawning. As long as you don't distribute it, it is ok to do. You can look up ways to edit the database.

As for the shop, be creative. Think of the things that people would buy that don't go against the ToS.
If your server is good enough, people will actually donate as thanks. It takes time, but just follow the rules and you may have the best pixelmon server in a year.

Best of luck!
By KuroMakai
#135259 You can always provide your site's address in your posts. If you do so, I'll come visit and drop a few comments on what to fix (if needed). You can edit the database to fix if they spawn or even drop if you'd like.
By Frenk
#135273 Thanks for the feedback, the both of you. Alright, any and all help is appreciated. I'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism. The forum is LanisCraft.enjin.com

Database editing will come last. I recall back in 3.0 trying to change it for single player and it would always revert.. So I will save that for when I have time to deal with the frustration. The only reason for editing the database is limiting the drops for the server shops (which I can gladly whitelist any staff here for) to have some modicum of control of the server economy. No plans on having pixelmon for sale in the donation store because the plan is to have everything available in-game... Aside from Porygon, which I don't believe spawns anywhere (haven't checked recently).
By MoeBoy76
Frenk » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:10 pm wrote:it would always revert..

if you already know how to do the actual editing then once it's done you need to replace the one in the pixelmon.jar for it to take effect (it's copied out every time) but make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong, and i also highly recommend you test it on single player before uploading it to your server
By Frenk
#135323 Thank you for checking, KuroMakai! I had just checked every top server on pixelmonlist.com and realized all ranks remained; difference being purchasable only via website points, and website points being attainable via prizes, voting or purchasing with hard currency. Seeing as it is not minecraft soft currency, I suppose this is a viable loophole.
JOIN THE TEAM