Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MaximusLi
#135315 Hello.

I cannot find a Static Shrine even after over 10 hours of searching for it in Savanna Plateau, M and Plateau M biomes. I have not had this much trouble with any other shrine. I found the Ice Shrine in about one hour and the Fiery Shrine in about two and a half hours. I have an AMIDST map to show just how vast and wide my "search grid" has been, if anyone is interested.

I have searched over NINE THOUSAA--err, well over a hundred (possibly close to 300) such biomes (over 100,000 blocks, maybe even half a million) and it just does not spawn. I have yet to try it with a command but will try it later if I can't find it after one more search, just to see if it can actually spawn.

Honestly, I think ten hours is way too much, and the amount of blocks/biomes I have searched is completely absurd. BUT most of my time spent searching for the Static Shrine has been in the -5000 (x and z) regions. Do the Shrines stop spawning after a certain amount of blocks have been passed? That could explain a lot.

I have had some crashes with mentions of "spawning" or something... Could it be that the game can't process Static Shrines "naturally"? Or do I just have some weird specific bug going on, or just plain bad luck?

Also, does teleporting via the "/tp"-command, or changing game modes, have anything to do with preventing the spawns from happening?

Does it matter if I'm riding a Pokemon (running/surfing/flying) vs stumbling onto it by my lonesome (or if I'm flying in Creative Mode)?

Thank you for your time in reading this. :)

By Caitcon
#135319 I don't think they stop spawning after a certain point. I think you are just having terrible luck. Running/Surfing/Flying has nothing to do with finding one. Teleporting should not effect it mostly because I once teleported right into an Articuno shrine in Single Player. The crashes are probly something else. Hope this helped!
By MaximusLi
#135363 I see. Thank you for the quick reply :)

Five more hours, three Rayquazas, a dozen Cyndaquils and a couple dozen more biomes (Savanna Plateau, M and Pleateau M) later I can, with good confidence, say the Static Shrine seems to be bugged. If not previously, then in this new update.

Can someone else please try to find a naturally spawning (no commands) Static Shrine (in Pixelmon 3.2.3) before I report a bug?

Also there's an issue with the current location for Static Shrines: It's difficult to even find an area suitable enough to house one because of the uneven turf and multiple trees (which Savanna Plateau and Savanna M biomes have a-plenty). I will suggest locating Static Shrines to a new biome.

PS: Don't use Rei's Minimap mod for 1.7.10 with Pixelmon. It gets really laggy really quickly :D
By MaximusLi
#135421 Thank you for doing research on the subject.

If I may, can I ask which biome you found those shrines in, and how long did it take you? I will try finding one again :)
JOIN THE TEAM