Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Ayjee
#135376 Hi all,

My friends and I have been wanting to try out Pixelmon, but I'm not sure if it's possible given our current server memory. To those who are active server hosts: how much RAM would you think we need for an 8 slot Pixelmon server? Any reviews (positive or negative) on hosting services you use for pixelmon would also be appreciated

Thanks!

By bobbanana09
#135577 Not that many, like the user above said 1 or 2 should be fine (I'd be safer and go closer to 2) and I dont have any real suggestions, theres always McProHosting but I believe there are PLENTY more cheaper.
By JamieS1211
#135689 It always depends on the load of the server. If you have all 8 people online and spread out with the chunk distance up high then you will have loads of chunks loaded and hence more RAM will be required at that time. However if all 8 people were sat in the same spot with chunk distance down low then far fewer chunks will be loaded and hence less ram required. Having said all of that you will not need any more then 3GB at peaks however if you are sense-able the maximum you should need ever is around 2GB
By prodkid
#135692 Its recommended to have 256mbs per player. With 8 players that will be 2048; 2gbs.

If you are planning to use cauldron for bukkit plugins, then be advise that 2gbs might be too little to handle players and bukkit events.
JOIN THE TEAM