Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MaximusLi
#136140 Thank you, I appreciate this. That's good advice. :)

One question though, would the half slabs have to be on top of the grass blocks and not the leaf blocks in order to prevent spawning, or does that matter?

By MaximusLi
Some Body » 25 Aug 2014 16:45 wrote:Mobs cannot spawn on half slabs regardless of what's under the slab. They will spawn on double slabs though.

Thank you. I'm really sorry for asking more about this, but something is still a bit unclear. You previously told me that leaf blocks are considered transparent blocks, and that Pokemon spawn under them but are moved on top of the leaf block. Does a half block/slab prevent this transition from happening sine the leaf block is obstructed?

I can't help but wonder if it's still possible for the Pokemon to spawn on top of the block under the leaf block and then either be jammed between the slab and the leaf block, or be automatically transported onto the slab. They wouldn't then be spawning on the half slab, but in the "missing space" (leaf block) under it.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just very curious by nature. :)

Edit: Before my last message (the one before this) I had actually encountered a randomly generated Mew in my flooded save (where I also used a bunch of TNT to clear the dirt blocks, only to notice how the same Pokemon kept spawning on Stone as well!), but I killed it accidentally (random attack boost that wasn't mentioned anywhere, not a critical) and spawned in a new one, which I caught with my third ball thrown. But I thought I'd try what all of you so kindly suggested. I'm sorry I wasted your time, none of the suggestions worked. Pokemon kept spawning on slabs (most likely due to what I wrote in this comment previously about the leaves, but they also spawned on top of slabs over grass blocks), nothing spawns in the tunnel thing, everything spawns on top of leaves, grass blocks, stone, etc., and I even saw a Scyther spawn on top of a tree. The only thing that seemed to make somewhat of a difference was the flood I created by spamming buckets of water over everything. Last night I found three bosses in the same area during one "Minecraft day", then today I found two shiny Magikarps and a Mew (plus some bosses but they were not frequent anymore).

I realized today that I could have done the flood more neatly and more organized and should have only flooded the Jungle biomes around the Jungle Hills biome I was in, creating a somewhat "forced spawn point" for the land Pokemon (as happens when you spot a beach/small island while surrounded by the ocean). As in making a giant "O" or a "square" around the area, starting from the "edges", I want the Pokemon to spawn in rather than starting the flood from the area where I want the Pokemon to spawn in (as this option created a very small area for the Pokemon to spawn in, like another poster mentioned... This advise I unfortunately forgot).

I'll try to upload some pictures as proof.

Anyway I appreciate all the help everyone gave me. I would be most interested in hearing if anyone managed to use any sort of trick for spawning a Mew in Pixelmon 3.2.3-3.2.5 that wasn't just getting lucky/using commands/tweaking the settings. Especially if it's a reliable way. :D

2014-08-25_14.05.42.png
Scyther spawned on top of a tree in the Jungle.
2014-08-25_14.05.42.png (889 KiB) Viewed 582 times

2014-08-25_20.34.19.png
Pokemon appeared on top of a Slab with a grass block underneath.
2014-08-25_20.34.19.png (865.91 KiB) Viewed 582 times

2014-08-26_00.58.39.png
Three Gloducks appeared on top of Slabs with leaves underneath.
2014-08-26_00.58.39.png (342.97 KiB) Viewed 582 times

2014-08-26_01.01.06.png
My tunnel system.
2014-08-26_01.01.06.png (475.48 KiB) Viewed 582 times
By KuroMakai
#136183 I'm like totally sad my Ninja Turtle and Master Splinter reference were totally missed. However with your question have a solid block (grass as example) then the slab on top of it. That refuses all pokemon to spawn in that area. Next you need the running water to push the successful spawns down the tunnel system into the lava pit.
By Docjoe
#136248 In these cases I would make a separate superflat world with a custom code to test spawning on different materials. A "superflat generator" website I use is at http://www.minecraft101.net/superflat/ . See http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Superflat for more details.

For example, I just tested
Code: Select all2;1x7,7x3,1x2,1x44:4;21;
and that gives me normal spawns. As a translation, that is 1 layer bedrock, 7 layers dirt, 1 layer grass, and 1 layer brick slabs set to a normal jungle. No decorations like trees or lakes spawned (but something related to pokeloot did). Normal pixelmon spawns as far as I can tell.
By MaximusLi
KuroMakai » 26 Aug 2014 04:21 wrote:I'm like totally sad my Ninja Turtle and Master Splinter reference were totally missed. However with your question have a solid block (grass as example) then the slab on top of it. That refuses all pokemon to spawn in that area. Next you need the running water to push the successful spawns down the tunnel system into the lava pit.

I'm sorry I didn't get your reference. :D

Thank you for the reply, but I could have sworn I saw a Pokemon spawn on a slab with just dirt underneath. The tunnel system I built was merely intended to see if Pokemon spawned on it, I even had a different variation of it, where I had a 3x2 grass block area (with and without leaves) hanging over the water flow. The problem was that nothing spawned on any type of tunnel systems and kept spawning over the slabs (albeit the majority of slabs were located on top of leaf blocks). The only thing that worked for me was to flood the whole area. This in turn caused multiple fish Pokemon to spawn, but that was the only thing that actually gave me any results whatsoever. The weirdest thing was that a Scyther spawned on top of a Jungle tree with the flooded area.

Those are some good instructions nonetheless. If anyone is up to test them out, please post the results here. I'm very curious to hear if someone gets these things to work. :)

Docjoe » 27 Aug 2014 03:19 wrote:In these cases I would make a separate superflat world with a custom code to test spawning on different materials. A "superflat generator" website I use is at http://www.minecraft101.net/superflat/ . See http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Superflat for more details.

For example, I just tested
Code: Select all2;1x7,7x3,1x2,1x44:4;21;
and that gives me normal spawns. As a translation, that is 1 layer bedrock, 7 layers dirt, 1 layer grass, and 1 layer brick slabs set to a normal jungle. No decorations like trees or lakes spawned (but something related to pokeloot did). Normal pixelmon spawns as far as I can tell.

Thank you for the advice and the work you did. That's really interesting, and I may give it a try as well if I find some more spare time. Quite peculiar that Pixelmon still spawn on top of slabs. The development team must have seen to it that slabs do not prevent spawning.

This was very good information. Thank you again. :)
JOIN THE TEAM