Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By MaximusLi
Some Body » 24 Aug 2014 22:00 wrote:Rayquaza was glitched until 3.2.3 and spawned profusely under the correct conditions (Dusk in Sunflower Plains), so that's not a good indicator of anything.

Thanks again for the input. I think I got my Rayquaza during 3.2.3, but thank you for the information on that nonetheless. So just to be clear, am I wrong about the "transitional second" thing spawning the legendaries? So are you saying that the legendaries can spawn at any point during their intended time period?

JamieS1211 » 24 Aug 2014 22:11 wrote:something you could try is to make all areas around you un-spawnable via spreading all nearby biomes in leaves. This would mean pokemon only spawn in the jungle and specifily in your cleared zone in the jungle.

Then you can change your spawn zone into a pipe somewhat like an automated wheat farm. Make it so when you pull a leaver the water flows pushing all pokemon into a "kill zone". Then when you have all the spawned pokemon in the "kill zone" turn off the water, prevent pokemon moving into or out of the "kill area". If no mew fill the "kill area" with lava (you can use a dispenser with a bucket or lava) and kill the pokemon quickly or if you prefer you can kill them manually.

This should speed up the process however remember it will still take time and there is no way to force the mew to spawn

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure if the leaves prevent spawning though. Before I cleared the leaves out, I had the whole area filled with them and Pokemon kept spawning on top of them (fortunately I have a save back-up so I can test it out). I will try your suggestion, and I understand it will still take time. I appreciate your suggestion, and I will upload a picture of the tunnel thing (if I can) if it works. :)

TheGoldenSnake » 24 Aug 2014 22:28 wrote:my advice is download the timber mod and kill that forest with an axe!

That's sound advice, thank you. I am unfortunately a bit hesitant about installing other mods with Pixelmon because two minimap mods I have tried created enormous lag spikes, ultimately crashing my game and deleting my player file. :D

So does anyone know if the sleeping thing prevents legendaries from spawning?
By Some Body
MaximusLi » 24 Aug 2014 16:52 wrote:I think I got my Rayquaza during 3.2.3, but thank you for the information on that nonetheless. So just to be clear, am I wrong about the "transitional second" thing spawning the legendaries? So are you saying that the legendaries can spawn at any point during their intended time period?

I worded my statement wrong. Rayquaza was still bugged in 3.2.3 but was fixed in 3.2.4, so the bug was still there when you obtained it. Legendaries are able to spawn any time within their time periods.

MaximusLi » 24 Aug 2014 16:52 wrote:I'm not sure if the leaves prevent spawning though. Before I cleared the leaves out, I had the whole area filled with them and Pokemon kept spawning on top of them (fortunately I have a save back-up so I can test it out).

Leaves are transparent blocks so mobs (Pokémon included) don't normally spawn on top of them, although they may spawn inside leaves if the blocks below the leaves are able to spawn mobs. However, since jungles frequently have a few layers of leaves directly above the floor and Pokémon were spawning buried in leaves, Pokémon who spawn in such scenarios are now placed on top of the leaves in jungles. They don't spawn on leaves otherwise.
By KuroMakai
#136090 Another note is you must give the pokemon 15-200 blocks away from you, in their correct biome and time, for them to spawn. Meaning if the Jungle Hills you're working with is only like 30 blocks, very rare chance it will spawn.
By MaximusLi
Some Body » 24 Aug 2014 23:17 wrote:I worded my statement wrong. Rayquaza was still bugged in 3.2.3 but was fixed in 3.2.4, so the bug was still there when you obtained it. Legendaries are able to spawn any time within their time periods.

Thank you for clearing that up. And here I thought my luck had finally turned around back when I had Rayquazas spawn. :D

Some Body » 24 Aug 2014 23:17 wrote:Leaves are transparent blocks so mobs (Pokémon included) don't normally spawn on top of them, although they may spawn inside leaves if the blocks below the leaves are able to spawn mobs. However, since jungles frequently have a few layers of leaves directly above the floor and Pokémon were spawning buried in leaves, Pokémon who spawn in such scenarios are now placed on top of the leaves in jungles. They don't spawn on leaves otherwise.

Thank you, so that means there's no way of manipulating their spawn locations. Unless there were blocks these Pokemon could not spawn on top of. Actually, would water count, if it's not too deep? That would surely make traversing the area a living hell, but I am curious if that would work, since water is fairly easy to manipulate.

KuroMakai » 24 Aug 2014 23:37 wrote:Another note is you must give the pokemon 15-200 blocks away from you, in their correct biome and time, for them to spawn. Meaning if the Jungle Hills you're working with is only like 30 blocks, very rare chance it will spawn.

Thank you for this information. I had heard it before, but it was a good reminder. The 30 blocks thing is assuming the 30 block biome has another habitable biome directly next to it, right? Which indeed would make it more probable that the Pokemon in the larger biome, next to the 30 block biome, are more likely to spawn more than in the 30 block biome. Good point. :)
By Some Body
#136100 Water would stop land spawns but there would still be water spawns. The limit for land spawns and the limit for water spawns are separate though.
By MaximusLi
Some Body » 25 Aug 2014 01:19 wrote:Water would stop land spawns but there would still be water spawns. The limit for land spawns and the limit for water spawns are separate though.

Thank you! This gave me a lot of ideas, I completely forgot about the water spawn limit. My poor jungle biome... It should probably be renamed a rain forest biome after I'm done with it :lol:

I am still open for some brainstorming if anyone is interested in regards to getting Mew to spawn. I'll share my findings. :)

So far the suggestion by JamieS1211 hasn't quite worked as I had Pokemon spawning around the tunnel system (like Some Body said, they can spawn even if there are leaves on top of grass blocks), good suggestion though, but if this water thing works (basically imagine a bunch of gigantic puddles), it may start working as intended. ;)
By JamieS1211
#136109 In stead of my leaves idea substitute leaves with a block pixelmon don't spawn on. I only suggested leaves as you probably had a few after de-leafing the jungle!
By MaximusLi
JamieS1211 » 25 Aug 2014 01:41 wrote:In stead of my leaves idea substitute leaves with a block pixelmon don't spawn on. I only suggested leaves as you probably had a few after de-leafing the jungle!

Thank you, and well thought! What may these blocks be? At the moment I'm laughing at the disaster I have created by flooding the jungle. My grand idea is not working at all. :D

Also a bit of a follow-up question to your tunnel idea: How wide should the tunnel be? At the moment I'm about 40 blocks in length and only 2 blocks in width. But nothing spawns there, except for the occasional Venomoth. I usually stand around 20 to 30 blocks from it.
By KuroMakai
#136135 mobs in general (so pixelmon included) will not spawn on half blocks either, namely slabs. For a tunnel that you're going to be treating like a sewer tunnel should be roughly 5 blocks high by 5 wide. Have the water running so that it pushes all entities into a death pit, which can be lava. Just make sure you get all the running water you need first before doing the lava pit. This way you can see where the water flow stops and dig straight down. Just...you know...keep your turtwig away from there and your top percentile rattata as well.
JOIN THE TEAM