Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MaximusLi
#135391 Hello.

I'm deep in the Jungle Hills searching for an elusive Pokemon that is rumored to have the genes of all Pokemon. One theory is that all Pokemon evolved from this one! Quite fascinating.

The scientific community calls it "Mew". There is only one record of it and it is from Cinnabar Island in the Kanto region. In it is said "Mew" was found in Guyana, South America. Alas, the record did not state anything on how to find this elusive creature... So that is what I need of you, my fellow reader.

If it's not too much bother, can you please share with me some advice and tips on how to find this creature called "Mew"? I'll be honest, I have an itchy trigger finger and a flint and steel handy... But I'm worried the flames might hurt Mew and other Pokemon if I were to light the jungle on fire. Would the flames hurt them?

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Yours truly,
MaximusLi, esquire.

:D
Seriously though, if it's not too much of a hassle, can someone give me some tips, because the Jungle is hard to navigate.

By KuroMakai
#135403 The easiest way is to clear a part of the jungle hills and give a solid floor of leaves to stand on. Don't use fire, as fire does hurt and kill pokemon, besides, free materials! Legendaries spawn 15-200 blocks away from a person on a 1/15000 chance (unless altered by you, the SP/Owner).
By MaximusLi
#135422 Thank you for the tips! :)

I'll try that and keep that in mind.

Would it be in my best interests to level it out (somewhat) by getting rid of the trees and, as you said, creating an even floor of leaves, without doing terra forming? Or should I also even out the hills?

Thanks again! :)
By bobbanana09
#135493 You could level out some to make the floor.

Mew always gave me the most trouble, my advice to you - DONT GIVE UP! :)
By MaximusLi
#135771 Thank you all for the advice!

I did a mix of Flint & Steel and Shears, and now I have a nice even floor to work with. Still no Mew, and I keep fighting off the spawning Pokemon in hopes that it would spawn a Mew. I am practicing my patience with this though :D
By MaximusLi
#136069 My apologies for reviving this topic (and for the double post), but I could not find out how the bump feature, mentioned in the forum rules, works here.

I finally found out why I was advised to create a leaf platform on the ground, but unfortunately it seems like Pokemon no longer need leaves to spawn on in the Jungle biomes. Unfortunately I have quite honestly almost exhausted all of my patience with this endeavor. Countless hours and many, many days spent trying to get Mew to spawn. Is there something I'm missing here with legendary Pokemon? I do tend to skip the night by sleeping, so should I not sleep for Mew to spawn? I ask this because each time I have found a Rayquaza, it spawned the very moment the "clock hit dusk", so would I by sleeping be preventing Mew from spawning because it skips over the "transitional second" from night/dawn to day?

I really don't want to use the spawn command for this, nor tinker with the settings manually, but this is a bit too rare I think. I'll be honest, I never liked the RNG system in any game, as I find it quite artificial in making something challenging to get. Then again with Mew I can understand why the RNG factor may be the best way of approaching it because in the Pokemon canon the scientists just went out looking for Mew and happened upon it by chance, just that it may be a bit too rare here. If I'm blunt about this, this is just not fun anymore. It's a chore.

I also want to add that I have received an answer about the rarity thing from an authority of this mod, and I still appreciate the answer. I just think it is too rare.

It is a bit silly that I'm complaining about these things because I can just change the rarity myself, but I consider it to be cheating for some stupid reason. I guess I should just stop being so prideful about it :D
By Some Body
#136070 Rayquaza was glitched until 3.2.3 and spawned profusely under the correct conditions (Dusk in Sunflower Plains), so that's not a good indicator of anything.
By JamieS1211
#136071 something you could try is to make all areas around you un-spawnable via spreading all nearby biomes in leaves. This would mean pokemon only spawn in the jungle and specifily in your cleared zone in the jungle.

Then you can change your spawn zone into a pipe somewhat like an automated wheat farm. Make it so when you pull a leaver the water flows pushing all pokemon into a "kill zone". Then when you have all the spawned pokemon in the "kill zone" turn off the water, prevent pokemon moving into or out of the "kill area". If no mew fill the "kill area" with lava (you can use a dispenser with a bucket or lava) and kill the pokemon quickly or if you prefer you can kill them manually.

This should speed up the process however remember it will still take time and there is no way to force the mew to spawn
JOIN THE TEAM