Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By DrSmiley72
#135981 Hello. First I'd like to say, you guys have created something amazing. I play on a wonderful server and have so much fun. Keep up the good work.

Now my question, which I can assume has been asked/answered at least a few tiems

I see so many approved Pokemon that arnt in the game yet. Just wondering is there a reason? I know you guys just put out the new patch with wailmer and such, and improved spearow. I'm sure you guys have a lot to do. I just see so many Pokemon that I'm excited to see in the game, some approved months, if not even last year, that arnt in yet.

Just my wondering. Lol.

Keep up the great work!!

By Nova Spartan
#135985 These things take time. The models need to be rigged, animated, and implemented. It doesn't sound like much, but it is. Plus, they're trying to implement less at once so that there can be frequent updates.
By JamieS1211
Nova Spartan » 23 Aug 2014 19:57 wrote:These things take time. The models need to be rigged, animated, and implemented. It doesn't sound like much, but it is. Plus, they're trying to implement less at once so that there can be frequent updates.

Not a good statement for those who rely on pixelmon spawners! Still the more positive productivity the better in my book.
By SPG
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 5:19 am wrote:
Nova Spartan » 23 Aug 2014 19:57 wrote:These things take time. The models need to be rigged, animated, and implemented. It doesn't sound like much, but it is. Plus, they're trying to implement less at once so that there can be frequent updates.

Not a good statement for those who rely on pixelmon spawners! Still the more positive productivity the better in my book.

what else would we say? we dont add them because we're lazy? >.>
By Lizzy39632
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 3:19 am wrote:

Wait, why >.>?
By JamieS1211
Lizzy39632 » 24 Aug 2014 18:15 wrote:
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 3:19 am wrote:

Wait, why >.>?

The ranting I have done on this topic is unbelievable at this stage. I will however explain again. Whenever new pokemon are added in (become fully obtainable in-game without other mods or plugins) the pixelmon spawners placed before the change have their contents changed. The spawners seem to store the data as the pokemon number should all the pokemon be put in alphabetical order. This is kinda like saying "spawn in the 10th pokemon alphabetically". Then imagine if you added in a new pokemon. What happens is that the pokemon added in move all the pokemon below it down a place as cards would if you added one mid deck. Therefore the 10th pokemon may not be the same as the 10th pokemon before. Where the order has number has not changed (the added pokemon are after in the alphabet) you will find no problem. However after you will find a problem with the spawner having the pokemon changed. An example is when I updated and lucario and riolu were added the space of zoura in a pixelmon spawner changed to zapdos. This caused zapdos to spawn instead of zoura. Kinda a night mare to be woken up by your server admins to be alerted to the fact that 100s of lvl 5 zapdos were flying around in the areas for new members!
By SPG
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 3:33 pm wrote:The ranting I have done on this topic is unbelievable at this stage. I will however explain again. Whenever new pokemon are added in (become fully obtainable in-game without other mods or plugins) the pixelmon spawners placed before the change have their contents changed. The spawners seem to store the data as the pokemon number should all the pokemon be put in alphabetical order. This is kinda like saying "spawn in the 10th pokemon alphabetically". Then imagine if you added in a new pokemon. What happens is that the pokemon added in move all the pokemon below it down a place as cards would if you added one mid deck. Therefore the 10th pokemon may not be the same as the 10th pokemon before. Where the order has number has not changed (the added pokemon are after in the alphabet) you will find no problem. However after you will find a problem with the spawner having the pokemon changed. An example is when I updated and lucario and riolu were added the space of zoura in a pixelmon spawner changed to zapdos. This caused zapdos to spawn instead of zoura. Kinda a night mare to be woken up by your server admins to be alerted to the fact that 100s of lvl 5 zapdos were flying around in the areas for new members!

that isnt how spawning works in the slightest >.> what the hell are you even on about
By JamieS1211
SPG » 24 Aug 2014 20:38 wrote:
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 3:33 pm wrote:The ranting I have done on this topic is unbelievable at this stage. I will however explain again. Whenever new pokemon are added in (become fully obtainable in-game without other mods or plugins) the pixelmon spawners placed before the change have their contents changed. The spawners seem to store the data as the pokemon number should all the pokemon be put in alphabetical order. This is kinda like saying "spawn in the 10th pokemon alphabetically". Then imagine if you added in a new pokemon. What happens is that the pokemon added in move all the pokemon below it down a place as cards would if you added one mid deck. Therefore the 10th pokemon may not be the same as the 10th pokemon before. Where the order has number has not changed (the added pokemon are after in the alphabet) you will find no problem. However after you will find a problem with the spawner having the pokemon changed. An example is when I updated and lucario and riolu were added the space of zoura in a pixelmon spawner changed to zapdos. This caused zapdos to spawn instead of zoura. Kinda a night mare to be woken up by your server admins to be alerted to the fact that 100s of lvl 5 zapdos were flying around in the areas for new members!

that isnt how spawning works in the slightest >.> what the hell are you even on about

It is how the spawning in pixelmon spawners seems to work. It is very strange however you can give it a go. Im not mad I tell you! In the database I could not find any way to relate the pokemon similarly in any way other then using their names.
By SPG
JamieS1211 » August 24th, 2014, 3:46 pm wrote:
SPG » 24 Aug 2014 20:38 wrote:

It is how the spawning in pixelmon spawners seems to work. It is very strange however you can give it a go. Im not mad I tell you! In the database I could not find any way to relate the pokemon similarly in any way other then using their names.

well, thats not how it works xD besides every pokemon is already in the database anyways, so who cares
JOIN THE TEAM